10/16/13

Baked Pork Loin with Dried Plums Sauce Fall Recipe

Hola Amigos! Sharing with you today a recipe full of Fall flavors! Have you cooked with prunes before, how about prune juice! I happen to be one of those weird people who would sit in front of the tv with a can of juice prunes and eat them like crazy just to get a whole bunch of seeds at the end , crack them and eat the inside!!!! I know...I said it was weird, lol
Prunes are just Dried Plums! They are high in antioxidants, fiber and a mild natural "extra thing" to keep you regular.

Can you believe that people are so sensitive in a negative way to the word "prune" only associating it with old people and digestive problems? to the point producers changed their name to "Dried Plums" in order to commercialized them and  sell them.. Personally I don't care...let's call things for what they are..but since I want people to read this post I going to follow the masses this one time.

As with any recipe I started with a well seasoned piece of pork and let it marinate for a few hours. That I think is the secret of a tasty meal. I also bake it with a bit  the delicious marinade, to keep it moist while it's in the oven.

I'm aware that the perfect piece of pork should have a little pink in the middle...but..and this is a big But, no one in my family will eat any pork product if it's not cooked all the way through (read overcooked) , therefore this particular pork is on the well done side. I will suggest you cook it according to your family's taste as long as it's between the safe temperature of 140-150 degrees and everybody will be happy and healthy.


This is a savory sauce and it get even better with the addition of the sweet golden raisins! I believe I made a healthy recipe without even planning on doing so, ha! Love that!

Thank You friends for coming to the blog today...give good ol' prunes<----sorry, Dried Plums a try! They are good for you and they taste wonderful. All plates were licked clean after dinner and no one knew what was on the sauce! and remember, everything tastes better with a Pinch of Love!

Besitos,
Lizy

Baked Pork Loin with Dried Plums Sauce
Ingredients:
1 (2 1/2-3 lb) Pork Loin 
For the rub:
1 TBSP Curry Powder
1 TBSP Garlic Powder
1 TBSP Onion Powder
1 TBSP Celery Salt
1/2 tsps Tumeric
1/2  tsps Nutmeg
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 1/2 Cup Dried Plum  Juice
2-3 TBSP Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Golden Raisins
Directions:
In a bowl mix all the ingredients for your rub. Remove pork loin from refrigerator and rub it with your mix all over. Place it in a zip lock bag and add 1 cup of your Dried Plum Juice, refrigerate for a couple of hour or even over night. Once in a while during the marinating time, move it around in the bag to make sure every side gets permeated with the juice and spices.
Pre heat your oven at 450 degrees. Remove loin from the bag and place it in your baking dish, Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove aluminum foil and baste with some of the liquids coming from the pork and marinade. Cook uncover for another 15 minutes for a total of 45 minutes, 
With a thermometer take pork internal temperature and make sure it has reached 140-150 degrees. Remove from heat and let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting it.
Save some of the drippings on the pan for the sauce. Place them in a small saucepan and add the remaining 1/2 cup of dried plum juice. brown sugar and golden raisins. Cook on medium heat for 5-8 minutes until raisins are fat and plump. Serve the sauce over you sliced pork loin and enjoy.

Important note about cooking pork : I want to emphasis the I've done a lot of research about for how long you should safely cook it regardless of what "chefs" say, I cook things the way I like it and the way I think is safe for my family and still comes out tasting good. The guideline I use is 20 minutes per pound if the pork loin is about 2 lb and a 15 minutes per pound if the pork loin is between 3 1/2-5 lb and always when the internal temperature reaches 145 and remains that way after 3 minutes. 

Prep Time: 4 hours (includes marinating time)   Bake Time 45 minutes    Serves 4-5

Sharing a slice of this loin at this Fabulous Parties:
The Mandatory MoochSweet Haute,White Lights on WednesdayPolkadots on ParadePink Recipe BoxHouse Wives of RivertonMade in a DayCreative GeekeryThe Girl CreativeLove and LaundryA Simple FiveLiving Better TogetherKitchen Fun with my 3 Sons504 MainMy Romantic HomeTidy MomHome Maid SimpleThe Best Blog RecipeCraftionaryThe Brambleberry CottagePractically FunctionalTownsend HouseCraft DictatorJuggling Real Food and Real LifeToday's Creative BlogSara HoweSix Sister's StuffThe Answer is ChocolateCheerios and LattesCassidy's Cooking CollectionSewlicious Home DecorClassy ClutterSuburbs MamaTwigg StudiosLife on Lakeshore DriveThe TablescaperNavy Wifey PetersTiti CraftyThe Velvet Moon BakerYour Home Based MomFlamingo ToesNifty Thrifty ThingsMy Mixing SpoonVMG206Huckleberry LoveSumo;s Sweet StuffUnder The Table and DreamingThe Chicken ChickI Should be Mopping the FloorsThis Gal CooksCarrie This HomeMs enPlaceA Southern FairytaleJam HandsThe Plaid and Paisley KitchenFeeding BigThe Gunny SackOur Table for SevenChef in TrainingMemories by the MileLove Bakes Good CakesBetween Naps on the PorchA Peek into my ParadiseLady Behind the CurtainMy Turn (for Us)Pint Sized Baker


8 comments:

  1. G'day Lisbeth! While I am not overly keen on pork, but love when it looks (and am sure tastes) like this, true!
    I never heard of dried plum juice, so thank you for allowing me to learn something new!
    Cheers! Joanne
    @mickeydownunder

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious!! Thanks for all of the great tips on this recipe!
    Pinning to save -

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make hubby pork chops in plum sauce sometimes. :) I know this recipe must be a fave. And I did know the word prune held negative connotations. I think of old people too (I like old people, but I think of them when I hear the word). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the plum sauce... it really makes this dish special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lizbeth! Stopping by from All my Bloggy Friends - had to come check out your roast. The sauce looks AMAZING! My family enjoys pork, and I would love to give this a try. Have pinned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful Erin! I love plums and raisins and this was really a good roast! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Thank You so much for your visit!

      Delete
  6. Hi, Lizy! This is a big plate of Fall! My family is the same way about pink pork ;-)
    Thank you for linking this week. Sorry it has taken me so long to come by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for leaving your link in our comments :) I've added this recipe to our Pork Recipe Round Up!!! I'd love for you to stop back by The Best Blog Recipes and check it out!

    Shauna @ The Best Blog Recipes

    ReplyDelete