4/8/13

Jello-O Poke Cake

Hola Amigos!Happy Monday! it's a rainy day here today..but I take rain anytime, after all April Showers bring May Flowers right? Love it! Can't wait to have garden blooming with color and life!
I love color and my dessert today is colorful as well and very appropriate for a rainy day, a Blue Jello-O Poke Cake! This cake looks like it's been showered by drops of rain...and it tastes like freshly squeezed but sweet lemonade! It's good! Here is the easy recipe adapted from Betty Crocker's one.

Berry Blue Jell-O Poke Cake

1 box Betty Crocker white cake mix
1 1/4 Cups Lemon-lime soda
1/3 Cup Vegetable oil
3 Egg Whites
1 TBS Grated lime peel
1 Cup Boiling Water
1 Box (4 serving size) Berry Blue Jello-O

1 Envelope Frosting Creations Cotton Candy Flavored
1 Container Vanilla Frosting

Heat oven at 350 degrees and grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking pan.
In a large bowl add cake mix, soda, egg whites, oil and grated lime peel and mix according to the box's instructions. Pour into previously prepared baking pan and bake as directed in the box.
Cool for at least 20 minutes.
While the cake is cooling, stir jello-O in the boiling water stirring for 2 minutes or until dissolved. Poke the Cake with a knife or a fork with an inch between each 'poke" . Pour the Jello-O mix slowly until holes are filled. Cool completely for 1 hour or longer.
For the frosting, mix your little envelope of frosting creations with your vanilla frosting adding as little or as much of the mix, depending on the color you want to achieve.  Spread all over the cake.
Listo!

Each slice of this cake represents a water filled cloud!

Well technically all clouds are water...but this is not a science lesson but a yummy pretty one, lol
It's delicious , you can't really taste the the lemon-lime soda as is...just a hint of it.

The grated lime peel accentuates the freshness of the cake, you can see little bits of it here, yummy!

And we all know that after the rain, the sun comes out bringing a beautiful rainbow with it, so rainbow sprinkes are always in order!

Thank You for stopping by the blog today my friends, wishing you a healthy and productive week and reminding you that everything tastes better with a Pinch of Love!
Besitos,
Lizy

Bringing Tasty Rain Clouds to these Fabulous Parties!
Kathe with an E
Le Chateau des Fleu
Pint Sized Baker
Serendipity and Spice
Nap-Time Creations
Sugar Bee Crafts
Chef In Training
Clippie Dips
Feeding Big and More
Cozy Little House
The Tumbleweed Contessa
Cookin' for the Seven Dwarfs
Love Bakes Good Cakes
The Style Sisters
Call Me PMc
Twin Dragonfly Designs
Adorned from Above
Rose Chintz Cottage
Fluster Buster
Sew Crafty Angel
Embracing Change
No Minimalist Here
Will Cook for Smiles
The Shabby Creek Cottage
The Mandatory Mooch
Real Coake Family
Food Done Light
The 36th Avenue
Kitchen Fun with my Three Sons
Rattlebridge Farm
The Best Blog Recipes
Jennifer Rizzo
504 Main
Simply Designing
The Dedicated House
Spatulas on Parade
Ducks 'n Row


43 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This looks so beautiful and delicious Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS! I can't wait to make it this summer! Saw you on Nap-time Creations. Newest follower over here! I LOVE your blog! Feel free to stop by cook and craft me crazy any time! xo-Brook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Brooklyn! and thank you for becoming a follower! I would certainly check your blog out and follow too!

      Delete
  3. Excellent touch with the rainbow sprinkles. :) This looks good, and something like the kids would totally like. I like the touch of lemon-lime soda in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poke cake is one of my favorites and I love the twist you put on this oldie but goodie of a cake.

    Thanks for sharing
    Carrie
    craftynightowls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it Carrie!

      Delete
  5. Very cute and creative! This would be great to bring to a pool party. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so wonderful! I have never used the frosting creations before. Big's favorite cake is Poke Cake! This will be dessert this Sunday!

    Thank you for linking up to the In and Out of the Kitchen link party! I can't wait to see what you bring next week.

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Cynthia! It was a blast to make and the frosting creations come in so many fun colors and flavors...this one was cotton candy...go figure!

      Delete
  7. Oooh, I'll have to see if we have those frosting creations here in Canada. Looks yummy and FUN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Candace..thank you for your kind visit!

      Delete
  8. This looks great. I would love to be able to feature you and some of your recipes on my site RecipeLion.com. If you are interested please contact me at nmaisel@primecp.com. Thanks for all of the great recipes!

    -Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty and fun cake! It sounds really good too. It would go over well at a party. Thank you for sharing at my HOME, Lizy, and have a wonderful day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lizy, For some reason I have never liked blue food, except of the fruit variety, but this cake is making my mouth water. I can tell it is super sweet, and I probably wouldn't need but a small piece. No marshmallows for me though. Purrs and hugs from Janet and the kitties at The Cat on My Head, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Josette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Miss Blue...I remember your "No Blue Food Rule" lol, I promise I will make something in a different color just for you and the kitties! oh and no marshmallows either..lol...Big hug to all!

      Delete
  11. What a fun and tasty looking cake! Sure would make a bright spot on a dessert table!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a cute cake to make for April...April showers. The kiddies would like the blue cake thing. Thank you for sharing.

    Consider yourself hugged,
    http://simpleesue.com/try-one-new-recipe-a-week-bed-and-breakfast-cherry-crumb-coffee-cake/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this looks tempting. Pretty colour. Thank you for sharing.
    Visiting from http://sewcraftyangel.blogspot.com/2013/04/weekend-blog-link-party.html
    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much MargeGoh! and thank you so much for your visit!

      Delete
  14. What a lovely cake. Stopping by from Sew Crafty Angel Link Party. Have a great weekend!

    http://freshjuniper.blogspot.com

    Reecea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Reecea for your lovely visit and comment!

      Delete
  15. I love it. It does look like rain and the lemon taste means it tastes like sunshine. A perfect spring combination. Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Lizbeth! I saw you on The Best Blog Recipes! I want to remind you to come by my link party again this week to post this recipe for others to see! It looks delicious! http://home-styled.blogspot.com/2013/04/link-party-show-your-style-sunday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks like a fun cake to make and eat. Found you through Anything Blue Friday. I've pinned it and I'm now following via GFC. Would love for you to stop by my blog on Monday and share at the Creative Corner Blog Hop.
    Holly
    Holly's Stamping Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Holly for following the blog and your sweet comment! I would love to be part of your blog family as well. Will visit for sure!

      Delete
  18. How fun! This looks like a great cake to make for the youth at church. New follower! Glad I found your blog through 36th Avenue hop!

    Cathy

    http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/2013/04/reeses-peanut-butter-cookie-dough-dip.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. very fresh idea. your cake looks professional!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stopping by from The Dedicated House-
    Wow-such a fun and happy cake to make-a perfect Summer Treat!
    jemma

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun and unique idea! This would be something my son would enjoy helping me make. Stopping by from Swap n Share Sunday. Have a great evening!
    Bridget-What's Cooking in the Burbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for stopping by Bridget! I'm sure you guys will have a good time baking it and Eating it!

      Delete
  22. YUM pinned. My mother used to make poke cakes when I was growing up. So this brings back fond memories. Thanks for sharing.
    You photos and blog are all so beautiful, makes me want to eat it all.
    Dawn
    Swap N Share Sunday
    Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the color of this cake :) Thanks so much for linking up to All My Bloggy Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Lizbeth,
    I want to come to your house to live. You have a lot of great recipes and I'm always hungry. Thanks for linking your awesome cake to my blog party.
    Angel

    PS: hope you will link up next week also.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I Love the dun color! This would be great for a boys party. Thanks for linking up to Two Cup Tuesday at Pint Sized Baker. I've pinned this for later.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I saw this featured over at Jamie's this morning and came over to say congrats, and well deserved. :)

    I've just started enjoying Pinterest too, so I'm going to pin it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the color too! I picked your recipe as one of my faves from last week! You're being featured at today's All My Bloggy Friends, Lizbeth!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a fab idea! Adding to Kawartha Lakes Mums Frozen Pinterest board!

    ReplyDelete