8/8/13

Sharknado Cupcake Recipe

Shark Week "Sharknado" Cupcakes Recipe, take a bite out of Shark Week with these airy and delicious cupcakes! Filled with Very Berry "Blood" they are sure to be a hit, just like the movie, when served in a fun Luau, Halloween Party or just a fun gathering !

Hola Amigos! I'm sure by now you are all excited about the best film of this summer season: Sharknado!!!! Nothing celebrates Shark Week better than a powerful whirlwind carrying thousands of sharks ready to devour an entire city!!! Ok, Ok...so the movie is one of the dumbest syfy films so far...borderline comedy! but Shark Week is still awesome and to celebrate my love of all things shark and bad acting, I made fun cupcakes!


This is a tongue in cheek kind of post, if you are sensitive to realistic looking gummy sharks and fake blood, better read tomorrow's post I promise you it will be a serious one, but for now...you've been warned, if you are game, sit down and enjoy a few of my favorite personal Shark Facts.

I love sharks! Since little I learned to admire them and to fear them. We were at the beach every weekend and the rule was, if you hear dad yell "Get Out Of The Water" you just did it! no questions ask! Ever!!! I'm sure you know why...

My Grad School thesis was about the Economical vs Biological Impact of the Commercialization of Sharks (specific species). I got high scores from the 3 judging professors whoot whoot...lol..I think I know my sharks alright!
Shark Week "Sharknado" Cupcakes Recipe, Shark Week will never be the same after you take a bite our of these fun cupcakes, Filled with a "Bloody" delicious raspberry filling they are great for a creepy Luau, a Halloween Hawaiian Gathering or just plain fun!

Believe it or not, I know how to prepare a killer Shark Fin Soup! From collecting, drying, removing skin to separating and bleaching the little fibers to make the soup, which is a delicacy in Asian cultures. My dad thought me the process and it's an experience I will never forget. Note: We never killed a shark for this purpose, sometimes fisherman have a few as bycatch for the day.

We are a bigger threat to sharks than they are to us. Granted nobody wants to be attacked or eaten by a shark, chances are you are most likely to be bitten by another human being in your lifetime than by a shark. The practice of 'shark finning" for the above mentioned soup, sport and fear among other things, are  the main threats to these animals.
Shark Week "Sharknado" Cupcakes recipe, celebrate the best B syfy movie since The Attack of the Giant Caterpilar!! These fun and delicious cupcakes are filled with berry "Blood" and you won't be able to resist taking a "Bite Out of Them!

The Shark Conservation Act was signed into a Law in January 2011

White Sharks can smell a drop of blood from up to mile away, but most sharks can smell a drop of blood 3000 yards away.

Sharks don't sleep like we do. Most of them need to constant be in the move in order to get oxygen through their gills and bodies, so they "sleep swim" (not to be confused with sleep walk) part of their brains are less active and allows them to rest.
Shark Week "Sharknado" Cupcake Recipe, Shark Week will never be the same after you have one of these airy and delicious cupcakes! Filled with very berry "blood" they are irresistible

And on the subject of sleeping now that you are more likely to put that bikini and swim in the middle of the night right after watching a JAWS marathon, I want to thank you for your visit today! Enjoy Shark Week and remember than even Sharknado Cupcakes taste better with a Pinch of Love! (for sharks)
Shark Week "Sharknado" Cupcakes recipe...this cupcakes are the perfect Trick and Treat for Halloween...a gush of Very Berry Blood with each Sharky Bite! No artificial coloring on this blood, just pure fruit goodness!

Besitos,
Lizy

Sharknado Cupckaes
Ingredients:
1 Bag of White Cupcake Mix
1 Cup Cream Soda
2 TBSP Raspberry Preserves
5 Straberries
5 Blakberries
Vanilla Icing
Cotton Candy
Shark Gummies
Directions:
Pre Heat oven at 350 degrees. Follow instructions on your cupcake bag. I replaced what the instructions ask for water and replaced it for the same amount of cream soda. Fill your cupcake liners and bake for about 15-20 minutes or follow bag instructions.
For the "Blood" Filling
In a saucepan on low heat add and mix 1/4 cup cream soda, preserves and fruit. Heat up until mix starts to thicken, about 10 minutes. Set aside and cool to room temperature. Once cooled, put the mix in a blender and blend on high until smooth. Inject the center of the cupcakes with this mix.
Once filled, top each cupcake with some vanilla icing. Shape a piece of your cotton candy into a funnel shape (resembling a tornado) and place it on top of the icing with a few shark gummies.
Take A Bite of your cupcakes and enjoy.

Preparation: 12 minutes         Cook Time 15-20 minutes      Serves 12


Sharing my Review on Sharknado at these Fabulous Parties:
Kitchen Fun with my 3 SonsCraftionaryThe Best Blog RecipesTidy MomHome Maid SimpleMy Romantic HomeFrench Country CottageHappy Hour ProjectsOne Tough Mother504 MainLove and LaundryA Simple FiveLiz Marie BlogBecoming MarthaHappy and Blessed HomeThe Pin JunkieLiving Better TogetherThe Answer is ChocolateA Peek into my ParadiseMy Turn (for Us)Le Chateau des FleursChic on a ShoestringClaire Justine oxoxSerenity NowSix Sister's StuffCheerios and LattesCooking with Curls4 Little FergusonsJust Us FourAngels HomesteadSpatulas on ParadeSuburbs MamaThe TablescaperThe Foley FamTwigg StudiosVMG206Flamingo ToesNifty Thrifty ThingsTartertots and JelloClassy ClutterToo Much Time, Claire Justine oxox Ms. enPlace Mommy MentionablesWCFSTwelveOeightTitiCraftyMade from PinterestFrugal Foodie MamaMy Mixing SpoonsSumo's Sweet StuffLines AcrossThe Chicken ChickSay Not Sweet AnneFlour Me with LoveCupcake-n-BakeThe Plaid and Paisley KitchenjembellishSew Can DoKeeping it Simple CraftsBoogieboard CottageAlderberry HillDIY Home Sweet HomeUnder the Table and DreamingEveryday Moms MealsThe Princess and her CowboysThe Tumbleweed ContessaKathe with an EThe Blackberry VineLadybug BlessingsHandmade CuddlesPint Sized BakerRain on a Tin RoofSetting for FourHuckleberry LoveChef in TrainingLove Grows WildSugar Bee CraftsNap-Time CreationsPowerful MotheringAdventures of a DIY MomNot Just a HousewifeMemories by the MileMandy's Recipe BoxClean and ScentsibleSmart School HouseLady Behind the CurtainMade to be a MommaGinger Snap CraftsMy Girlish WhimsDIY Crafty ProjectsThe Everyday HomeDucks'n a Row,Kitchen Meets GirlCreations by KaraAll She CooksThe Shady PorchThank You HoneyCrystal & Co.Life with the Crust Cut OffSNAPHandy Man, Crafty WomanWe Like to Learn as We GoThe Style SistersFeeding BigFine Craft GuildThe Real Housewives of RivertonThe Brambleberry CottagePolkadots on ParadeWe Made ThatSweet HauteThe Crafty Blog StalkerSaving 4 SixLanberts LatelyWhat's cooking, Love?The Mandatory MoochThe 36th AVENUEKatherine's CornerCrazyLou CreationsChocolate, Chocolate and MoreHouse of the HepworthsKrative CreationzSparkles and a StoveArtsy Fartsy MamaLiving Well Spending LessDomestic SuperHeroDiana RamblesSimply DesigningEasy Life Meal and Party PlanningIt's OverflowingThe Inspiration Network





Other Fun Cupcakes you Might Enjoy:

62 comments:

  1. Wonderful blog and great looking cupcakes. I like sharks also and so amazed by them. I have always swim in the ocean and have lived by it. Live right now in Florida about 15m from the beach. Have a great day and Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, let's see - my grandsons have been "into" monsters, dinosaurs, and now aliens. Sharks will eventually be coming down the pipeline! These cupcakes will be a big splash of fun at that time! I love their swirling beauty! And the boys will go nuts over the "blood!" (My granddaughters will recoil, but not those boys!)
    And congratulations on your thesis scores - I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHA!!!! Sharknado! I watched a 30 second clip of that and could feel myself getting dumber. I can't believe these actors/directors take themselves seriously! But it was HUGE! And these cupcakes are hilarious and adorable! Bravo!
    Visiting from the Weekend Re-treat Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see that there are still people with a sense of humor!!hahaha...that was the point! Thank You so much Nicole!

      Delete
  4. yeah this is the most awesome thing i've seen in a long time!! awesome idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was the most entertaining cupcake post ever!!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! So Glad you enjoyed it Stephanie! Love it!

      Delete
  6. G'day and how much fun are these! TRUE!
    Never saw the shark gummies, but can already hear that music from Jaws too! lol
    Cheers! Joanne
    http://www.facebook.com/whatsonthelist

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are awesome! I didn't know there was a Shark Week, and I've never heard of Sharknado (should I watch it?) but your cupcakes look fun, and possibly the perfect theme for a little boys birthday.
    Thanks for sharing these shark facts on Foodie Friday..along with the amazing looking cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Adelina! Thank you hun! we are big fans of Shark Week, I love sharks as you could see,,,But Sharknado, that's a different story, that movie is So Bad is not even funny...and to make matters worse, there is a part 2!!! oh boy! If you want a good laugh...whatch the movie.

      Delete
  8. Love it!! Those are awesome cupcakes! I think my favorite part is the bloody center. I'm pinning and totally making these! My kids are going to love biting into the cupcake and fake blood shoot out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for finding the sense of humor Sthephanie...I have a house full of boys and the cutey thing doesn't happen here, lol! These are great for a boys party and there are no artificial coloring in the "bloody filling" just pure fruit! have fun! Lizy

      Delete
  9. Girl you rock! LOVE this, I wish I would have seen this when I did a shark party last year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This looks deee-licious! We’d love to have you share the recipe at our Saturday Link Party! Deb @ madefrompinterest.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much and for the invite! I will certainly will stop by!

      Delete
  11. Lizbeth these are SOOO much fun - so perfect for shark week!
    Lisa, Cindy & I are happy to have you back over at our "Best Of The Weekend" party - pinning your links as always!!
    Have a great weekend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. My youngest son is an animal lover, no matter what kind. He always loved shark week when it came on. He is grown and gone now, when I saw it advertise I could not help but wonder if he watched it.
    Silly movie, yes, but a great inspiration for cupcakes. I love these. Very inventive.
    Dawn
    Spatulas On Parade
    thanks for sharing your experience and linking up at Swap N Share Sunday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always a pleasure to share at your party Dawn! and in case you are wondering there is much more silliness coming next year because by July 2014 the Sharks are making all the way to NY!!! LOL Thank you so much for your sweet comment love.

      Delete
  13. Brilliant cupcakes Lizbeth - and I loved reading all those shark facts too!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Jill! I'm glad you enjoyed the post!

      Delete
  14. Those are so adorable Lizy!!! I have never seen Sharknado, or a real shark for that matter...LOL You made sharks look cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL..at least these are Lisa...I really don't want to swim with the real things any time soon.Thank you for your visit and kind comment!

      Delete
  15. These are stinkin' adorable! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays #25!

    ~Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later!
    http://www.dessertnowdinnerlater.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the shark week theme!! These are fabulous! Thanks for sharing with Random Recipe Roundup! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sparkly we are loving Shark week here too!

      Delete
  17. So, I don't get this shark week thing at all! But one of my friends is obsessed! And these are ridiculously adorable and awesome - so I'm going to send this post her way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Nat, thank you for sharing the "shark love! I think they want to raise awareness about Sharks not being as "mean" as the movies depict them. Granted I don't want to be nibble by one, I believe they have a right to share the planet with us, yes? I hope your friend likes them (the cupckaes lol) ...they are pretty tasty! Happy Shark Week Nat and Friend!!!! Thank you so much for stopping by and comment!

      Delete
  18. Ewww blood! Don't we just love to be scared by sharks, though? What a fun post. I'm gonna tweet and pin it! Have a lovely day, Lizy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much for the tweets and pins!! Love that..I should be more active in twitter so I really appreciate your support there! lol...the blood was delicious...in my best "shark voice" :)

      Delete
  19. These are too stinking cute! I just love them and I know that every child in the world would too! Thank you so much for linking up to the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party. I am getting ready to share this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Cynthia! I knew you would love the fun in it! and yes..my little one had raspberry "blood" all over yelling "shaarrrkkk" and running around! Thank You for your visit girl! Hugs

      Delete
  20. These are awesome! What a fun treat for kids! I would love for you to share it on our kids linky http://wemadethat.blogspot.com/2013/08/we-made-that-linky-51.html Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure Tracey! Thank You so much, boys love "weird" tasty stuff...mom delivers the goods, lol I will be at the party for sure!

      Delete
  21. These are awesome!! I have two boys - almost 7 and almost 4 - who have been so into shark week! They would absolutely love these!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is 5 and he is sooo into Shark Week is not even funny, lol and watching that meanie of Finding Nemo too! Thank You so much for stopping by and your kind comment!

      Delete
  22. These cupcakes make me laugh! I love the blood filling--because I know my son would think it is really cool. The cotton candy tornado makes me smile because I think it is so clever of you!

    Thanks for the shark info. I've never had an encounter with one, but have always been a little wary when swimming in the Gulf of Mexico.

    Thanks for linking up, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle! Thank You so much, I think boys are so weird and I was blessed with 2 so I really have to get creative with the fun, tasty, creepy stuff..lol..I'm already thinking about Halloween.

      Delete
  23. These are just too much and absolutely perfect. Featuring them when my link party opens up tomorrow ( Thus ) night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Carol! that's amazing! I have to tell this to my little guy, he loved them and is asking for more...Thank You!

      Delete
  24. These are just adorable. Thanks for sharing with us at our Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop.
    Angel @ sewcraftyangel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. So funny! My husband would love these! Stop by my Friday's Five Features tomorrow and link up this post (and others)! diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure will Becca! Thank You so much for the invite! They are lots of fun!and if your hubs is into shark week, he is gone to really like these little guys!

      Delete
  26. Just shared this over on G+. Love all the sharknado effect!

    Thanks for linking up over on Crystal & Co., and sharing this awesome mommy solution for #sharkweek.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Crystal! and many many thanks for the Share on G+!!!!

      Delete
  27. Lizy, these are sooooo cool! Love me some Shark Week and Sharknado was hilarious!!! Just enough stupidity to keep my complete attention just to see the trainwreck unfold, haha! Thanks again for the Facebook stalking and props!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. YOu are one cool Mom! Love these super fun cupcakes! Thanks for sharing at Project Inspired!! Pinned to our group pinboard for some extra luv! Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather..lol...my kids are really spoiled well and the hubs too!!! LOL

      Delete
  29. I just died from the cuteness!
    I want to have a shark week / sharknado / any "B" shark movie I can find party just so I can make these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi, Lizbeth! You're one of our top 3 most viewed links last week on Home{work} Wednesday. Congrats and know we'll be featuring on our different social media outlets!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I've picked your fun and fabulous sharknado cupcakes as a Project Inspired feature pick of the week!! You can see it here at my features and party post: http://www.settingforfour.com/2013/08/project-inspired-features-and-linky.html I also pinned it to my Features Pinboard! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather! Thank You so much! that is super cool! I'm really loving Shark Week Now, lol!!!! Can't wait.

      Delete
  32. Too cute! My little dude would love Shark Cupcakes!! Thank you so much for sharing & linking up at Thank You Honey's Whatever Wednesday Party!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. These look so yummy, my boys would die if I made these for them! What a fun blog you have, definitely a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is aaaaaaaaaawesome!!!!!!!I wanted to invite you back to share more at my linky party going on now. Add as many projects as you like. Hope to see you there…
    http://sweethaute.blogspot.com/2013/08/thursday-sweet-haute-share-linky-party_21.html

    Christina at
    SWEET HAUTE
    Thursday SWEET HAUTE Share Linky Party

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love all things sharks! The gummies are too cute and your cupcakes look too precious to be eaten!! Loved reading the shark trivia. Pinning your pix to my board. :d

    Found you through Whatcha work-up Wednesday.

    xx Del @ spud-nails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete