8/14/13

DIY Pencil Gumball Machine Teacher's Gift

DIY Pencil Gumball Machine Teacher's Gift, turn your favorite pencil into a Gumball work of art. Resembling a No.2 pencil, this gumball machine will bring a smile to your child's teacher for sure!
Hola Amigos! A quick and budget friendly craft for kids to give their favorite teacher for this new school year about to start soon. It's a DIY "Pencil No.2"  Gumball Machine made with materials available at your nearest dollar store.

This would be the 3rd time I've changed my Gumball machine, just to give you an idea of how versatile this project is! Here it is all dressed up for St. Patrick's and here ready to welcome Easter!
What I used:  1 dollar store fish bowl, 1 terracotta pot with 2 saucers one the one smaller than the other, Assorted paints, yellow, grey, green and pink,to resemble a pencil, gumballs or any other candy you will see appropriate, adhesive letters and numbers to spell No.2., hot glue gun or glass cement.
How I did it: Paint your terracotta pot in the same order of colors of a No.2 pencil. Once the paint is dry, add your letters (or you could paint them too!) to the bottom of the yellow pot. If you recalled, I suggested 2 saucers, 1 smaller than the other, you see, the smaller saucer will go on the inside of the bigger one and once we used this one as a "lid" for our gumball machine it will stay in place! The way you attached the fish bowl onto the bottom of the terracotta pot is by gluing it's bottom with hot glue or glass cement. Fill your gumball with candy, add any other embellishment to the lid and you are ready!
DIY Pencil Gumball Machine Teacher's Gift, this cute "Gumball Machine" will bring a smile to your child's teacher face. Fill it up with candy, cookies, paper clips, your choice, it would look great on her desk!

Isn't it the cutest thing? as I mentioned before add age appropriate candy, cookies or even why not, erasers or colorful paper clip or rubber bands!  This is only to inspire you, your imagination is the limit.

I hope I have inspired you with this easy craft and consider it as a little sweet gesture from your child to the one person he/she is going to be seeing a lot for the next few months keeping their young minds sharp!
DIY Pencil Gumball Machine Teacher's Gift, give this cute "gumball machine" as a nice to meet you gift to your child's teacher. It will look great on her desk with candies, cookies, paper clips or just by itself!

Besitos,
Lizy

Sharing some "gumball" fun at these Fabulous Parties:
Fine Craft Guild, Under the Table and Dreaming  The Real Housewives of Riverton733 BlogThe Brambleberry CottagePolkadots on ParadeWe made ThatSweet HauteThe Crafty Blog StalkerSaving 4 SixLamberts LatelyWhat's cooking, Love?The Mandatory MoochThe 36th AVENUEKatherine's CornerChocolate, Chocolate and More!Posed PerfectionHouse of the HepworthsKreative CreationzSparkles and a StoveArtsy Fartsy MamaLiving Well Sending LessDomestic SuperHeroCraftionary, Sis Sisters's Stuff Twin Dragon Fly DesignsMommiFriedCraftberry BushHappy Hour ProjectsTidy MomMy Turn (for Us)A Peek into My ParadiseThe Answer is ChocolateHappy and Blessed HomeThe Jenny EvolutionLiving Better TogetherBecoming MarthaA Simple Five, , Diana RamblesSimply DesigningChic in a ShoestringKitchen Fun with my 3 SonsThe Pin Junkie504 MainThe Triftiness MessJennifer RizzoBlissful and DomesticMy Personal AccentSunny Simple LifeNap Time CraftersAngels Homesteada Little ClaireificationCheerios and LattesBowdabraIt's OverflowingSix Sister's StuffMade from PinterestWCFSThe TablescaperLife on Lakeshore DriveA Pretty Life in the SuburbsRain on a Tin RoofHuckleberry LoveJembellishA Southern FairytaleMad in CraftsBetween Naps on the PorchCoastal CharmCupcake'n BakeWho Needs a CapeBoogieBoard CottageThe Blackberry VineSay Not Sweet AnneMy Mixing SpoonFeeding BigSetting for FourHome Stories A to ZHandmade CuddlesLadybug BlessingsNap-Time CreationsKathe with an EAdventures of a DIY MomSummer ScrapsThe Princess and her CowboysSugar Bee CraftsOur Table for SevenMemories by the MileNot Just a HousewifeBebetsy, DIY Vintage Chic The Lady Behind the CurtainThe Everyday HomeSmart School HouseDucks'n a RowCrystal and CoMade to be a MommaThank You HoneySomeday CraftsThis Silly Girl's LifeWe Like to Learn as We GoThe CSI ProjectReal CoakeCraftin Desert DivasSew Many Ways

Visit thecsiproject.com






Another Gumball Machine you might enjoy:
Kiss Me DIY Gumball Machine

48 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea, Lizbeth! What a fun gift for a teacher! I would love for you to link this up to our All Things Thursday Blog Hop going on right now. Hope to see you there!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Nici and thank you for the invitation, be right over!

      Delete
  2. I love it. Truly a fun gift. Thanks for sharing with us at our Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop.
    Angel @ sewcraftyangel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lizy, this is adorable! Thanks for sharing and pinning! :) Have a happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy! Thank You so much for the pin! Happy Week to you too!

      Delete
  4. This is awesome. What teacher would not love this? Can you even believe it's about that time again???? Hubby and little man did some back-to-school shopping while I was gone...lawdy, you do NOT send a man shopping for clothes. Eeoy!! It's so bad I may post about it. ;)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute idea. I have seen these gumballs on Pinterest. I am playing on making them for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh never thought of Xmas ones but I'm sure they would look so pretty, send me pictures of yours when you are done so I can share them! Thank You so much for your visit!

      Delete
  6. Great Idea hun, I so will make for our new teacher this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute teachers gift! Giving something like this is a great way to start out the school year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I thought Carrie! I'm glad you like it!

      Delete
  8. What a fabulous idea - totally cute!
    Saw your thumbnail at The Pin Junkie Link Up Party and had to stop by.
    I pinned this to my Teacher Appreciation board, of course. :)
    Happy Friday,
    Ang, Juggling Act Mama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Angela! I love Pins!!!yeayy!!

      Delete
  9. This is SO adorable!! How cute would this be sitting on a teachers desk! I love it! Thanks for linking up to Thrifty Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Ruth! You have a great party!

      Delete
  10. I loooove this. As a teacher, this would be such a sweet (literally) gift to receive from one of my students. Stopping by from Hoyby Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this and will be sharing it on my Homeschool Review post this Friday. Thanks for offering such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are absolutely adorable Liz. It's a great idea for a teacher's gift. Thanks for sharing on Thursdays Treasures. This will be a feature.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for linking up my Friday Flash Blog on The Jenny Evolution. I'm back from vacation in central Colorado and ready for a great party this week. See you there!

    Jennifer
    thejennyevolution.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute and such a clever idea! I love this pencil gumball machine!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just the cutest thing ever! I think I would have my hand in there all of the time! Love the St. Patty's day one also!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party! I am so glad you dropped by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these DIY gumball machines! Yours is so colorful and I really like the #2 pencil vibe. Very creative project!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the pencil look. I have made these but this one is the cutest. Would make a great teacher gift. You should come link this up starting tomorrow. The challenge this week on The CSI Project is Back to School so this is perfect!
    Come on over and join the craft challenge. Starts Wednesday!
    www.thecsiproject.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute and creative!
    xo,
    Anjana.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Found this over at the CSI Project!! Oh my goodness, how stinking cute!! It's the most creative thing I've seen!! Adorable!!!


    Kate @ Uniquely Undone

    ReplyDelete
  20. SO cute!! I love it! Thanks so much for sharing at Artsy Corner, you were featured this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this idea and what a fantastic and thoughtful gift. Would brighten anyone's day. Wanted to let you know I'm featuring it when my link party opens up tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stopping by from the CSI challenge. I am absolutely going to make one of these, but not for my son's teacher but for my own classroom! This is genius and I love everything about it. Question though, where did you find the crayons on top {they don't look like real usable crayons}?

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is just too cute! Thanks for sharing it at The Pin Junkie Link Party! It was featured this week. I hope you'll stop by to grab a featured button at http://www.thepinjunkie.com/2013/08/friday-link-party-31.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super cute! And perfect for a back to school teacher gift! How fun!

    I would love for you to share this (and any other post!) at my Life of the Party link up! It just opened! Im going to poke around your blog a little more. :)
    http://thegrantlife.com/life-of-the-party-1/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelley, I would love the attend your next party, I saw this comment a little late, so sorry, but I won't miss the next one! Thank You so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  25. These are so cool! Pinned so I can try to make them. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks great! And all the materials are just a couple of bucks. Stop by my Friday's Five Features and link up this post (and others)! http://diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com/2013/08/fridays-five-features-no-5.html-chic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is soooo adorable! Thanks for sharing it with us in the Bowdabra Crafty Showcase! We all loved it!
    Don't forget that the new showcase is open from Fri. midnight--Thur. noon!

    Susie @Bowdabra
    http://www.bowdabrablog.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Super cute idea! I love it and need to make one of these sometime! Pinning for future use!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I've noticed this post is getting tons of bloggy-lovin'! Congrats!!! You are so deserving, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. That is so adorable! I love it! Thank you so much for sharing at Share Your Stuff Tuesdays..hope to see you again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for linking up this week on On Display Monday! You were my feature! Grab a button if you would like!

    http://www.sowderingabout.com/2013/08/on-display-monday-16.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! Awesome Randi! Thank you so much! really appreciate it!

      Delete
  32. I love this! Thanks so much for linking it up at Project Inspire{d}... I featured your project this week: http://yesterdayontuesday.com/2013/08/project-inspired-29/
    Have a great night, Malia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Malia! That is so awesome! I feel honored!

      Delete
  33. We finally made them and they are so dang cute!!! Our post is going up tomorrow and I linked to you. Thanks so much for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete