7/15/13

Salmon Al Cartoccio Recipe

Salmon Al Cartoccio Recipe, a moist and succulent salmon baked in a bag of parchment paper so it retains all it's juices and nutritional value. Easy and Elegant!
Hola Amigos! I got a quick and elegant recipe for you today...oh yeah! Sometimes we get fully absorbed by our work, on being moms, cleaning ladies, cooks, gardeners and every other hat you wear, that we forget to treat ourselves to the simplest pleasures in life...a good cup of wine, a nice cappuccino, a good book or a nice meal.
With this recipe you can have it all! It's is extremely easy and has a nice ring to it (in my opinion anything Italian is sexy, lol) Al Cartoccio means nothing more than" in a bag" . In this case the salmon is cooked in a bag made out of parchment paper so it will keep all the good juices and taste delicious! Just wait till you try it!
Salmon Al Cartoccio

1 1/2-2 pd Salmon Filet
I Medium Red Onion,  diced
1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
1/2 Red Bell Pepper, diced
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 Garlic Clove, finely chopped
Olive Oil
Salt, White Pepper to taste
For the Glaze
1/4 Cup Oyster Sauce
2 Tbsp Honey
1 tsp Lemon Juice
Heat your oven to 400 F. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.On top of this place another sheet of parchment paper and  place your salmon on it (skin side down) . Season your salmon with salt, pepper and lemon juice on both sides, rub these in a little. Top your salmon with your chopped veggies and squirt a little bit of olive oil on everything. 

Now is time to close your "bag". Wrap your salmon with the parchment paper it was laying on. Once this is done, Wrap with the aluminum foil. The point is to keep your salmon locked in this little packet made with the papers. If you choose you can wrap yours only in parchment paper or only aluminum foil. If this is the case remember to oil the aluminum foil as well so your fish won't stick to it. I chose to use both because in my opinion the parchment paper will keep the moisture in  while the aluminum  foil will keep any juices from escaping in case of a leak in the inner bag.
Put your cookie sheet with the salmon in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
Mix all the ingredients for your glaze in a little bowl and have them ready to give your salmon the final touches.
 Remove from the oven and glaze it, put back in the oven, "bag" open this time for the glaze to caramelize for 5 more minutes. Remove and enjoy!

Listo,
Salmon Al Cartoccio, an Italian Classic Salmon dish baked in a parchment bag to retain all it's juices and nutritional value! Easy, Fast and Elegant!

I love salmon, I think I have it every week, this is my favorite method of preparing it! 

Not only it's beautiful to the eyes once is done but you can taste every single vegetable you have put into it!
It's really a party in your mouth with every bite.
Salmon Al Cartoccio, A Classic Italian Dish of Salmon baked in a Parchment bag retaining all it's flavor and nutritional value!

There was not a slice left at the house when we had this....too bad because I'm a sucker for left overs...
(I think food tastes better the next day for some reason, lol) 

Thank you for stopping by the blog today. This is an easy recipe that will make you feel you were dining in in a high class restaurant in the comfort of your house.
Remember my friends, everything taste better with a Pinch of Love!
Besitos,
Lizy

Bringing a little taste of Italy to these Fabulous Parties:
I Gotta Try ThatCupcake-n-BakeCozy Little , Love Grows WildFeeding BigHun..what's for dinnerA Pinch of JoyPint Sized BakerSugar Bee CraftsGolden ReflectionsWith a BlastThank You HoneyDucks 'n a RowFluster BusterWhite Lights on WednesdayThe Shady PorchMom's Test KitchenMemories by the MileThe Pin JunkieReal CoakeThe Mandatory MoochSew Crafty AngelShaffer SistersA Handful of EverythingSomewhat SimpleWhat's Cooking Love?Living Well, Spend LessArtsy Fartsy MamaSparkles and a StoveKreative CreationsThe Crafty Blog StalkerSaving 4 Six52 MantelsShaken TogetherThe Charm of HomeCraftionaryJennifer RizzoCraftberry BushMommifriedLiving Better TogetherKitchen Fun with my 3 Sons504 MainThe Pin JunkieThe Thriftiness MissMy Turn (for Us)Liz Marie's BlogOne Tough MotherA Simple FiveHome Maid SimpleA Peek into my ParadiseChic in a ShoestringThe Best Blog RecipesTidy MomThe Answer is ChocolateSimply DesigningBlissful and DomesticLife ReflexionsCheerios and LattesWhat's Cooking with RuthieSerenity YouLovely Crafty HomeToo Much TimeAngels HomesteadLike on Lakeshore DriveSpatulas on ParadeFrugal Foodie MamaUnder the Table and DreamingRattlebridge FarmLori's Culinary Creations

22 comments:

  1. Salmon is my DIL's all-time favorite dish. She or her mother make it on the really big special occasions. I'm sending her the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I need to save this recipe, it looks delicious! I love salmon but I'm kind of tired of the same recipes I've done over and over again. Thanks for sharing it, great pics.
    Un abrazo,
    Cristina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Cristina! So good to have you visit!

      Delete
  3. Hi Lizy!
    Thank you so much for visiting me :) I'm following you now through FB, Pinterest and google. I'll keep in touch. Keep going with all those delicious dishes.

    xx
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. My oldest is obsessed with salmon. He literally could eat it three times a day :) This looks yummy, I love the glaze!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so easy and so flaky and good, plus healthy, too! Thanks for sharing this recipe, Liz. Your photos are mouth watering!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks awesome! Thanks for pinning my recipe and for your lovely comment...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous salmon! Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love salmon too, we haven't had it for ages! Thanks for sharing on Good Tastes Tuesday!

    Blessings, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG that sounds great! I love salmon! I will pin this for later in the week! Thank you for a great recipe! Julia

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love new and interesting ways to cook salmon--I always just stick it in the oven with lemons and dill. Light and delicious, but boring. I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you have a print button. I was unable to find it. Also, I have friends who are unable to eat anything "oyster". Do you have a suggestion for a replacement? Thank you. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammy! Thank You for stopping by. To answer your question, no I do not have a print button at the moment, sorry...and about the oyster sauce you could also use "Hoisin Sauce" also found in your Asian food isle at your grocery store! :)

      Delete
  12. I love your LatinAsia fusion salmon great combo of ingredients. Love the glaze. Thanks for sharing it with us on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks so amazing! I haven't treated myself to salmon for awhile since I'm the only one who likes it. I'll have to add this to our menu soon.
    Thank you for coming by Foodie Friday

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love salmon and I will be trying this. Made my mouth water just looking at it. Thanks for sharing at Swap N Share Sunday.
    Pinned it to try later.
    Dawn
    Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yums! I pinned this and plan to try it soon! I wanted to feature you this week at Get Schooled Saturday, but I can't copy or save any of your images:(
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow. This looks so amazing. I pinned it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty! I'm going to have to share this recipe with my mom as salmon is a favorite of hers. Thanks for sharing at All Things Pretty!

    ReplyDelete