7/22/13

Butterscotch Banana Harvest Cake with Apple Butter Maple Sauce Recipe

Butterscotch Banana Harvest Cake with Apple Butter Sauce, this cake is full of the typical flavors of fall, butterscotch, apples, maple syrup, apple butter and cinnamon, but with the addition of the banana you can have it all year long!
Hola Amigos! Happy to have you join me and share a piece of this gooey cake with me! As you can see, I'm getting better with the "bundt' pan and so far no other accidents.
I have a hard time giving this cake a name..why..because it's really put together with all the things I love other than chocolate. It reminds me of fall because of some of the ingredients but you could actually have it all year long! It's good anytime and with everything.  Here is the recipe:
Butterscotch Banana Harvest Cake with Maple Apple Butter Sauce
1 Box Yellow Cake
1 box (3.5 oz)  Butterscotch Instant Pudding
1 (6 oz) Container Banana Yogurt
2 Ripened Bananas, Pureed 
1/2 Cup Butterscotch Chips 
Banana Chips for garnish (optional)
Heat you oven at 350 F or according box instructions. As a suggestion, substitute the amount of water called in the recipe for apple juice. Mix ingredients called on the box until moistened. Add yogurt, pudding and bananas. Mix for about 2 minutes as called in the recipe. Fold in the Butterscotch chips and bake according to the box instructions.
Garnish with Banana Chips and drizzle with Mapple Applebutter Sauce
 Apple Butter Maple  Sauce
Butterscotch Banana Harvest Cake and Apple Butter Sauce, butterscotch, cinnamon, maple syrup, apples and apple butter will bring a new favorite to your fall recipe book...but the banana will keep it perfect to share and celebrate any time of the year! #fall #thanksgivingdesserts #thanksgiving
1 Cup Apple Juice
3/4 Cup Maple syrup
3 TBSP Brown Sugar
1 1/2 Tsp Lemon Juice
1 Cinnamon Stick
3 Tablespoons Apple Butter
3 TBSP Butter
3/4 Cup Butterscotch  Chips 
In a sauce pan on medium heat, add Apple juice, Maple Syrup, brown sugar Lemon and Cinnamon and let this simmer for about 5 minutes without letting in boil. Remove Cinnamon Stick and add Apple Butter and Butter, simmer for another 2 minutes. Finally add the Butterscotch chips and bring to a slow simmer and boil until it thickens enough to coat a spoon. It is not going to be a thick sauce while it's hot, it thickens as it cools. 
Once it has cooled drizzle it liberally on your cake.

Listo,
The cake is delicious even without the Apple Butter Maple Sauce!

So good, my hubs couldn't resist having it sitting there waiting to be photographed and had a slice of it!!!

Needless to say I pretty much took it out of his mouth and send him to "blogger hubby retraining camp" LOL

I figured this would be the perfect cake to welcome the fist days of fall. You can find it's ingredients anytime of the year!

Thank you so much for your kind visit. Let's keep enjoying our summer...after all this cake has a good dose of bananas to take you back to your tropical summer vacation mood with every bite!

Keep in mind my dear friends, everything you do tastes better with a Pinch of Love!
Besitos,
Lizy

Sharing some Harvest Cake at these Fabulous Parties:
The Princess and her CowboysCooking for the Seven DwarfsA Pinch of JoyThe Plaid and Paisley KitchenJam HandsBoogie Board CottageMad in CraftsMaking the World CuterFeeding BigLove Grows WildThe Blackberry VinePint Sized BakerKathe with an ENap-Time CreationsCoastal CharmSugar Bee CraftsToday's Creative BlogMandy's Recipe BoxMy Mixing SpoonI Gotta Try ThatLove Bakes Good CakesCozy Little HouseSmart School HouseThank You HoneyDaisy Cottage DesignsDucks'n a RowThe Lady Behind the CurtainGinger Snap CraftsThe Style SistersTwin Dragonfly DesignsHandy Man, Crafty WomanWorthing CourtLife with the Crust Cut OffRose Chintz CottageTrendy Tree HouseThe Mandatory MoochReal Coake.comThe Crafty Blog StalkerLive Laugh Rowe52 MantelsSaving 4 SixHouse of HepworthsSew Crafty AngelA Handful of EverythingLiving Well, Spending LessArtsy Fartsy MamaConsider Me InspiredThe Best Blog RecipesCraftionaryNaptime CraftersKitchen Fun with my 3 SonsThe Answer is ChocolateLiving Better TogetherThe Jenny EvolutionBecoming MarthaHappy Hour ProjectsRooted in ThymeHome Maid SimpleOne Tough MotherTidy Mom504 MainThe Pin JunkieMy Turn (for Us)Love and LaundryHappy and Blessed HomeChef Picky Kid and MeThe Wondering BrainLovely Crafty BlogA Little ClaireificationHomemade Ginger4 Little Fergusons30 Handmade DaysFive Days 5 WaysDessert Now, Dinner Later4 You with LoveAngles HomesteadBe Different Act NomalToo Much Time on my HandsCheerios and LattesIt's OverflowingSerenity YouMama GabSpatulas on ParadeLife on Lakeshore DriveBowdabraTiti CraftyWCFSCrate with JoyFrugal Foodie MamaClaire Justine oxoxUncommon DesignsAlderberry HillFlour Me with LoveKeeping It SimpleSew Can DoCupcake-n-BakeJembellishSumo's Sweet StuffThe Chicken ChickCraft-o-ManiacHuckleberry LoveUnder the Table and DreamingMs enPlaceMy Romantic HomeI Heart NaptimeAll She CooksSix Sister's StuffEsskunstCheerios and LattesMy Sweet MissionGina's Craft Corner

37 comments:

  1. This cake looks so good! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't baked today and now I want something sweet :) I love the topping dripping down, it look so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is never too late to add some extra calories to your day Ann! lol...there is plenty of sauce to have with ice cream too@ :)
      Thank You so much!

      Delete
  3. I think you're right, it's a perfect way to introduce Fall but I wouldn't kick it out in the summertime either. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wow wow wow, this looks ooey gooey deelish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The combination of this recipe sounds delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderfully flavored! You should link this to What'd You Do This Weekend?
    Www.tumbleweedcontessa.com

    Linda @ Tumbleweed Contessa

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! This looks so decadent and gooey good! Come share it at Tuesday Trivia.
    Hugs,
    Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks sooo good! I love all the fruits and whatnot. And that topping! Yum :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashley, I really enjoyed the banana chips on top :)

      Delete
  9. Oh my goodness...this sounds like THE most decadent treat! I love butterscotch! This would be perfect to link up to my Create It Thursday post…it's live now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks divine! I absolutely adore bundt cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks amazing- I love butterscotch! Yes, this says Fall, but bloggers have to start early :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole!...and I'm a bad blogger because I really don't get caught on the ahead thing..lol...I should but I'm just the live now kinda gal, I guess I really did good with this one huh? :)

      Delete
  12. oh my goodness this looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...that cake looks absolutely amazing! So gooey and delicious...I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, Lizy, does this ever look yummy! Thanks so much for sharing with us.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  15. YUMMY! I love the list of ingredients, so I know I'll love this dessert! Thanks so much for sharing. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG that sounds wonderful. I love butterscotch! I'm stopping by from the Show Off weekend blog party. Have a great weekend!
    Melanie
    violetsbuds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh My Goodness this cake looks amazing! I love the apple butter sauce, never seen that one before.

    Thanks so much for sharing this at "The Saturday Spotlight party"!
    Have a great weekend!
    April

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You April...the season for lots of Apple butter is coming...to fast I'm afraid, now we know what to do with extra.

      Delete
  18. Wow, this looks good! Visiting from Swap & Share Sunday. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is one killer looking dessert I'm pinning this.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks wonderful and the apple butter maple sauce sounds particularly delicious. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Michelle! This Applebutter sauce is good with pretty much everything...I love it on my pancakes!

      Delete
  21. Dear Lizbeth, This cake looks scrumptious! This reminds me of fall...all those delicious spiced flavors and golden colors...I wish I had a slice with me right now! Found you through Marvelous Mondays...have a beautiful day. Blessings, Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh My.....I want this cake! hahahaa...
    Thank you for sharing...!!

    ellya

    ReplyDelete
  23. After reading your title, I can smell this baking! Delicious!
    I have to admit that bundt pans scare me. What if the cake won't come out?!
    Thanks for linking with See Ya in the Gumbo, Lizbeth!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for sharing this on my blog hop! There's a new blog hop this week: What Are You Doing? Blog Hop #15

    ReplyDelete
  25. yum! so glad I've found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG! This looks jus heavenly! Whenever I see a fabulously decadent recipe at a party - it's yours! Yum - pinned!

    ReplyDelete