7/7/13

Devil's Food Cake Milkshake Recipe

Hola Amigos! Happy Weekend! Today's recipe is just for mommies! It could be easily adapted for kids to enjoy as well by leaving one ingredient out, but at least for one moment, I wanted to make this one for moms to feel special and indulge in some decadent liquid dessert. Of course...Dad's can join in...after all chocolate does not discriminate your gender!
I did a little research about Devil's Food Cake and found out that there are a hundred of variations out there. In it's most original form, is a fluffy dark cake, made with cocoa, not chocolate and coffee! Wow isn't that wonderful? I tried to stay as close as the original as possible but couldn't help myself to make it my own by tweaking a thing here and there..here is my recipe.

Devil's Food Cake Milkshake and Shots

1 cup Rice Vanilla  Milk, frozen
1 TBSP Cocoa
2 TBSP Chocolate Instant Pudding
3 oz Coffee Ice Cream
1 shot of Kahlua

Cool Whip for garnishing
Espresso Powder for garnishing 
Put the first 5 ingredients in a blender and blend of high speed until everything is smooth.
Serve and garnish with a whip cream and sprinkle some espresso powder on top.

Listo,
Now tell me this is not the richest shot of cocoa and coffee you've ever had!

It is thick and ohhhhh good...not too sweet and you can taste the coffee notes of the Kahlua mixed with the ice cream!

It's hard to have just one, but is even better if you are not greedy and share it with your significant other!

By all means you can make this kid friendly by leaving the Kahlua out!

Thank You for your visit today, I hope you enjoyed my Mommy moment and when you have your own think of my little dessert to enjoy and make your time even better!

Remember my friends, everything tastes better with a Pinch of Love!
Besitos,
Lizy

Cozy Little House
Nap time Creations
Love Grows Wild
Feeding Big
Anyonita Nibbles
Better with Age
Chef in Training
Memories by the Mile
Fine Craft Guild
The Blackberry Vine
Fluster Buster
Mom's Test Kitchen
Love Bakes Good Cakes
Clean and Scentsible
Daisy Cottage Designs
Marty's Musings
Real Coake.com
The Mandatory Mooch
The Princess and Her Cowboys
The Charm of Home
Clippie Dips
A Handful of Everything
The Creative Geekery
The Best Blog Recipes
Somewhat Simple
One Tough Mother
Craftionary
Home Maid Simple
The Shabby Nest
My Turn (for Us)
Simply Designing
The Answer is Chocolate
Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons
Golden Reflections
Jennifer Rizzo
Dear Creatives
The Pin Junkie
Pink When
Cooking for the Seven Dwarfs
Townsend House
Pursuit of Functional Home
The Chicken Chick
Raising Imperfection
My Mixing Spoons
The Thriftiness Miss
Be Different, Act Normal
I Heart Nap Time

42 comments:

  1. Oh my!! Every time I visit your blog I am tempted by your delicious-looking food :) This looks amazing! Thanks for another great recipe. Have a wonderful week.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this milkshake looks amazing. I must try this recipe. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lizy, what a fabulous and decadent milkshake you've shared with us!! Have a wonderful week and thank you for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so divine!
    Thank you for stopping by earlier today. and I am your newest follower..:)

    -Priyam @ http://priyam-simplejoys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Priyam, following you too!

      Delete
  5. Lizy, that looks so super scrumptious. Everything is also better with chocolate, preferably dark. Lizy, do you have a good recipe for macaroons? While we were out of down we had some delicious ones where we were staying; and though, I have lots of recipes, I have no idea which ones would be good. I have never even tried to make them before. Much love, Janet and kitties (especially Lisbeth)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Miss Blue.Sadly I do not have a recipe for macaroons but will make my mission finding a good one for you to enjoy...you know my weird relationship with my oven...lol...I tend to stay away from sweet that I have to bake...but for you I'll risk it! Thank you so much for stopping by! A big hut to you and all your lovely kitties,
      Lizy

      Delete
    2. Thanks Lizy. I will now start looking through my cookbooks as well to see what I can find. It's probably better if I don't find something really yummy. The ones I had out-of-town were so addictive! Love to you from me and the kitties, Janet

      Delete
  6. Milkshakes are my downfall, I love them :) This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, man! I don't really have to share, do I? This is so delicious looking I want it all to myself! Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word...this looks so good!! I just got a new blender too, so I should probably try it out with something like this. :) I love chocolate and coffee flavored ice cream, so this sounds perfect! I'm visiting from Tuesdays at Our Home. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh goodness, but does this look good!! Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. G'day! If one has to die, what better what than to indulge in chocolate...
    LOVE your photos too!
    I could go for one...no, two of these milkshakes today!
    Cheers! Joanne
    What's On The List
    http://www.whatsonthelist.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Um, this looks amazing! And now I'm craving something sweet!!

    Stop by and enter my current giveway: http://makingitfeellikehome.blogspot.com/2013/07/firmoo-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I couldn't locate your email address. (This looks scrumptious, by the way!) A reader who read that I couldn't use your photos told me about a snipping tool in Windows, so I'm going to try that. Maybe next time I can get one of your photos for Tweak It!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks sooo good! Pinning!

    Ritchil
    http://chengand3kids.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yowzah!! What a delish and rich treat! Pinning this one, too :)
    Well done, Lizy!
    Kim @ *Soliloquy Of Food & Such*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, this looks so good! I just can't stop scrolling up to look at the pictures again... I can only imagine how it tastes!

    Taylor
    www.ourfamilyworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look fantastic but you know I can't have them as I continue my weight loss journey!! LOL!! You are tempting me!! LOL!!
    Thanks so much for your visits and for your kind and encouraging words!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would happily dive into it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. thanks for stopping by. this looks so good even at 9:50 am LOL

    pinkowl07.blogspot.com

    Please come back as often as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Guessing this would be a huge hit anywhere you wanted to bring it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks amazing! Your pictures are gorgeous...and so creative! I would love if you have a chance to stop by a link party I am co-hosting this week! Hope to see you there!
    http://www.dizzybusyandhungry.com/2013/07/09/tasty-tuesdays-link-party-3/

    Kristin from Dizzy Busy and Hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That. Looks. So. GOOD! Visiting from The Mandatory Mooch.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh yummy! It's so hot here in GA, so I would really love to have this milkshake right now. And you can NEVER go wrong with chocolate! Thanks for sharing at Submarine Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This. Looks. So. Good. I love coffee ice cream and I haven't had it in nine months. This might be my first grown up treat after I'm finished nursing.

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and showing me all that love--I sent it right back to you. I'd love to hear your story someday--perhaps over one or two of these. I'm going to go eat a pound of strawberries now and pretend that's what I really want. :) Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This looks amazing!!! We would love it if you would link up at our We Scream For Ice Cream linky party/giveaway:
    http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/we-scream-for-ice-cream-linky-party-week-2/
    Live the whole month of July.
    Hosted by:
    http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/ Parrish @ Life with the Crust Cut Off
    http://thissillygirlslife.com/ Dana @ This Silly Girl's Life
    We hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  25. YUUUMMM! Love Kahula! This looks fab. Please, come share at Pinworthy Projects!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh wow these look amazing, i need to try one :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. These look really good! I can't wait to try some. Pinned!

    Oh, you'll also be featured tonight at Manic Monday. See you there!

    Renea - http://cupcake-n-bake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow. Just wow. These look amazing.

    Thank you for linking up to Raising Imperfection! We appreciate you taking the time to link up, make sure to check back on Friday when we feature out favorites.
    Leslie
    www.violetimperfection.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for linking up to Good Tastes Tuesday! Can't wait to see what you link up this week!

    Blessings, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  30. Now that is one seriously delicious-looking milkshake! :) Thank you so much for linking up with me this week at Tasty Tuesdays! I’ve pinned this & shared it with my followers! Please be sure to stop back by the party and check out some of the other links!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This one looks even better!

    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    Raising-Reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fantastic! Love it! Just found you thru the weekend wonders hop - following on G+, FB, Bloglovin :) And I'm pinning this!!

    ~smiles,
    LuAnne @ Winterpast Moments
    www.winterpastmoments.com

    ReplyDelete