8/27/13

The Cheesiest Salmon Mac'n Cheese Recipe

Hola Amigos! I love a good Mac'n Cheese and I love it even more with my favorite fish ever, Salmon! You could easily substitute the salmon  with hamburger, chicken, tuna or just have it plain! I just happened to get some salmon on sale and since it was just a little over half pound it wasn't going to be enough to feed us all as it.

So what makes this Mac'n Cheese the cheesiest? well how about 3 cups of cheese melted in a deliciously creamy Bechamel sauce and then baked to golden perfection! Did I mention that there is 3 kind of cheese too? yummm.

Perhaps this dish is not to have every week in fear of getting an expanding waste, but the days soon will be getting colder and mac'n cheese is the go to comfort food of excellence and loved by all!

You will love this recipe. It's one of those which taste even better the next day...if there're any leftovers.
Thank you for your visit today! Hope you are enjoying your week so far! Keep in mind my friends, that no matter how humble the dish is, it will always taste better with a Pinch of Love!

Besitos,
Lizy

The Cheesiest Salmon Mac'n Cheese
Ingredients:
10-12 ounces uncooked elbow noodles
2 Cups Milk
1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
3 TBSP Butter
1/4 Cup Flour
Salt, Pepper to taste
1 1/2 TBSP Seafood Seasoning and a little extra to sprinkle on top
2 Cups Queso Quesadilla
1 Cup Cheese Crumbs (Mine came with Cheddar, Mozzarella and Colby)
10-12 ounces cooked salmon (I used 8 ounces regular salmon and 4 ounces of smoked) 
green onions for garnish.
Directions:
Heat up your oven at 350 degrees
Cook your elbow noodles in salted boiling water until tender but not extremely soft. Al dente is what you are looking for. Drain, set aside.
In a saucepan prepare your Bechamel sauce by melting the butter. Once melted add flour, salt, pepper and seafood seasoning to create your roux. Slowly add your milk first whisking constantly to avoid lumps. Add the cream and cook on medium low heat for 10 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat.
Add your 2 cups of cheese to the Bechamel sauce. gently mix until the cheese is melted. 
Fold the noodles in this sauce. Don't break them.
Put some of the noodles in a baking dish, Top them with half a cup of your cheese crumbles, add more noodles and the rest of your crumbles. Sprinkle your noodles with as much as the seafood seasoning as you wish.
Place in the oven for 35 minutes until golden and bubbly! Listo, Serve and enjoy!

Prep Time 20 minutes                    Cooking  Time (in the oven) 30-35 minutes               Serves 6-8


Sharing some of my comfort food classics at these Fabulous Parties:
The Everyday HomeAll She CooksThank You HoneySmart School HouseGinger Snap CraftsLady Behind the CurtainMade to be a MommaMy Girlish WhimsThe Shady PorchKitchen Meets GirlHomade GingerMemories by the MileFunky Polkadot GiraffeNot Just a HousewifePowerful MotheringHope StudiosFluster BusterFood Done LightSweet HauteA Handful of EverythingKatherine's CornerWhat's Cooking Love?The Crafty Blog StalkerSaving 4 SixPink Recipe BoxReal CoakeThe Real Housewives of RivertonCreative GeekeryThe Brambleberry CottageLamberts LatelyHouse of HepworthsLive Laugh RoweWe Learn as we Go,Jennifer RizzoCreate Craft LoveThe Best Blog RecipesMy Turn (for Us)My Personal AccentHome Maid SimpleOne Tough MotherTidy MomA Simple Five504 MainKitchen Fun with my 3 SonsLiz Marie BlogSimply DesigningSimply Sweet HomeThe Answer is ChocolateLiving Better TogetherThe Jenny EvolutionThe Pin JunkieIn the Kitchen with JennyNot Your Ordinary RecipesA Peek into my ParadiseChic on a ShoestringSunny simple LifeDiana RamblesTatertots and JelloThe Wondering BrainNap Time Crafters30 Handmade DaysJust Us 4Five Days 5 WaysFrugal Fit FamilySix Sisters StuffIt's OverflowingA Little ClaireificationBe Different Act NormalWhat's Cooking with RuthieSerenity YouFunkie Junk InteriorsAngels HomesteadSewlicious Home DecorSpatulas on ParadeLife on Lakeshore DriveTwigg StudiosFlamingo ToesSuburbs MamaEMMTwelve O EightUnder the Table and DreamingVMG206My Mixing SpoonsTiti CraftyThe Chicken ChickPursuit of Functional HomeLines AcrossHuckleberry LoveCraft-O-ManiacSumo's Sweet StuffSay Not Sweet AnneFlour Me with LoveDIY Home Sweet HomeAlderberry HillBoogieboard CottageSew Can DoThis Gal CooksJembellishA Pinch of LoveAdventures of a DIY MomI Gotta Try ThatTable for SevenWhit a BlastRattlebridge FarmSara Howe


Other Recipes that You Might Like
Pasta on Creamy Crab Sauce












27 comments:

  1. Wow, you even make salmon look gorgeous (so sayeth the vegetarian). ;)

    Really. It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming from "TV" is a great compliment! Thank you girl! Big Hug! It was such a good deal for that salmon I couldn't pass it up!

      Delete
  2. that looks amazing! we are a mac and cheese family, and I love the addition of salmon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're getting your Omega 3 with this one! Thank You so much Heather!

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard of salmon with mac and cheese but this looks so good that I might have to try it. I love salmon!

    Found you through Whimsy Wednesdays. Would love it if you dropped by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Del, I'm glad to meet another salmon lover! I've heard of Lobster Mac'n Cheese, but I'm yet to find lobster on sale, lol..I don't think that's going to happen any time soon, so salmon it is, right? Thank you so much for your visit! I really love to see new faces!

      Delete
  4. Oh goodness, this certainly is the cheesiest looking bowl of decliousness! I love that you add salmon (also my favorite). Anything with pasta and cheese is awesome, and the salmon takes it over the top. Love it!

    Amy | Club Narwhal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy! My thoughts exactly! I'm a fan of salmon as you can see here on my blog, I think I cook it every week....I'm a fan! :)

      Delete
  5. I love salmon! This dish looks amazing, and you are right, awesome comfort food! Thanks for sharing on Wake Up Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa! Thank You! It was a pleasure to be at the party!

      Delete
  6. "Me too," on the love of salmon and macaroni 'n cheese! This looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Miss J! this was cooked and gone fast! It was rich, creamy and good, now to the gym we go! lol Thank You!

      Delete
  7. That sounds lovely. I'd never have thought to put salmon into the dish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betty, I think you would usually found Lobster or Tuna, but the first is too expensive to put as much as I would like to put it and the second would have turned into Tuna Casserole which we love but wasn't I wanted that day. Give it a try, it's tasty comfort food! Thank You for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. This Mac and Cheese recipe sounds very good. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Melissa! You're always kind to my recipes :)

      Delete
  9. I think I'd eat mac n cheese with dirt I love it so much. dh not so much. He doesn't like it and won't eat it unless he has no other options.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...that is funny.., I won't eat it if it comes from a box but my hubs keeps buying them "for boy (my teen)" so he says...Thanks for stopping girl!

      Delete
  10. I've never thought of adding Salmon. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing at the Pin it Monday link party! :)

    -Emily @ MyLoveforWords.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOLY moly love love this, saving for later when I can eat this yumminess :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks delicious! I've never tried mac and cheese with fish in it. Thanks for sharing at the Foodie Friends Friday party this week! Happy Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's rich Sarah, if you like Tuna casserole or Lobster Mac'n Cheese you are going to love this twist.

      Delete
  13. Wow! I'll eat mac&cheese with anything in it! I've never tried salmon but this is now pinned! Thanks for sharing at the From the Farm Blog Hop.
    Lisa
    Fresh Eggs Daily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Lisa! I know you are going to love this one too!

      Delete
  14. Lizy, I love lobster mac and cheese so much that I cannot even fathom why I didn't think of other alternatives. I'll have to try this sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I happen to have a lot of salmon in my freezer, so I'll try it out. The word "rich"comes to mind. Better wait until bathing suit season is definitely over:)

    ReplyDelete