8/10/13

S'mores Empanadas Recipe

S'mores Empanadas Recipe, looking for a season round alternative to S'mores, this little pastry pillows have all the goodness of your typical S'more but no need to camp out for them! 4 Ingredients and enjoy!
Hola Amigos! Just thought of stopping by to share something quick we just whipped at the kitchen this afternoon so the kids (big and small) could have something to celebrate on S'mores Day!. Very simple and easy recipe, like most of our weekend cooking and baking,  but never, never skimping on flavor!
So without further ado, lets enjoy the sweetness of S'mores Day!

A little frozen pie dough, stuffed with your favorite candy, marshmallows of course and why not...some cookie butter for an extra caramel note!

Bake and 20 minutes later...enjoy!

S'mores Empanadas Recipe, these delicious treat you can have year round. Buttery and flaky crust and ooey gooey center! No need of a campfire to enjoy them!

Out of 1 sheet of  pie dough you can make 3 good size empanadas!
S'mores Empanadas Recipe, enjoy these buttery and flaky pillows of chocolaty goodness all year round. No need of a campfire to enjoy these easy treat!

S'mores Empanadas Recipe, enjoy these delicious treat all year round. With their flaky and buttery crust and gooey chocolate center , you can't have just one! 4 ingredients and enjoy!

Inside you will find warm sweet chocolate goodness surrounded by a crispy and buttery dough!

There is of course a little air pocket between the chocolate and the crispy shell...but who cares? it's so sweet you need a little extra "pie" to balance it of!

There you go my friends! Happy S'mores Day....and remember everything tastes better with a Pinch of Love and Lot's of Chocolate too!

Besitos,
Lizy

S'mores Empanadas
Ingredients:
1 Bag frozen Pie Dough thawed
Your Favorite Candy Bars as much as you want per empanada (I used a mix of Cookies'n Cream, Chocolate and Dark Chocolate Almond, all from Hershey's)
6 Large Marshmallows (1 for each empanada) 
6 TBSP Cookie Butter (1 for each empanada) 
Directions: 
Roll out your thawed Pie Crust and roll it thin with a pin. Using a small saucer (about 6 inches)  cut 3 out  circles per pie crust sheet. (2 come in a bag). Fill them up with the marshmallow, cookie butter and small pieces of candies. Close the little pillows by folding in stuffed circle in half, sealing the edges with a little bit of water and a fork to give it a nice presentation.
If desired give each empanada a little egg wash for color.
Place the empanadas in a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake at 365F  for approximately 20 minutes or until crust is nice and brown. 
Remove from oven and enjoy...careful they are super hot in the inside!


Prep Time: 10 minutes             Cooking Time 20 minutes         Serves 6

Celebrating S'mores Day at these Fabulous Parties:
Life on Lakeshore DrivetwelveOeightFrugal Foodie MamaMs. en PlaceNavy Wifey PetersMy Mixing SpoonsCraft-o-ManiacSumo's Sweet StuffLines AcrossThe Chicken ChickSay Not Sweet AnneFlour Me with LoveCupcake-n-BakeThe Plaid and Paisley KitchenJembellishSew Can DoKeep It Simple CraftsBoogieboard CottageAlderberry HillUnder the Table and DreamingEveryday Moms MealsWCFSBetween Naps on the PorchThe Princess and her CowboysThe Tumbleweed ContessaCoastal CharmKathe with an EHun...what's for dinnerThe Blackberry VineLadybug Blessings,Handmade CuddlesPint Sized BakerRain on a Tin RoofSetting for FourHuckleberry LoveChef in TrainingLove Grows WildSugar Bee CraftsNap-Time CreationsPowerful MotheringAdventures of a DIY momNot Just a HousewifeMemories by the MileMandy's Recipe BoxShaffer SistersClean and ScentsibleLady Behind the CurtainMade to be a MommaGinger Snap CraftsMy Girlish WhimsDIY Crafty ProjectsThe Everyday HomeDucks'n a RowKitchen Meets GirlCreations by KaraAll She CooksThe Shady PorchThank You HoneyCrystal & Co,Life with the Crust Cut OffSNAPHandy Man, Crafty WomanWe Like to Learn as We GoThe Style SistersCozy Little HouseFeeding BigFine Craft GuildThe Real Housewives of Riverton733 BlogThe Brambleberry CottagePolkadots on ParadeWe Made ThatSweet HauteThe Crafty Blog StalkerSaving 4 SixLamberts LatelyWhat's cooking, Love?The Mandatory MoochThe 36th AVENUEKatherine's CornerCrazyLou CreationsChocolate, Chocolate and More!Posed PerfectionHouse of the HepworthsKreative CrationzSparkles and a StoveArtsy Fartsy MamaLiving Well Spending LessDomestic SuperHeroCraftionaryFrench Country CottageBecoming MarthaLiving Better TogetherThe Jenny EvolutionHappy and Blessed HomeThe Answer is ChocolateA Peek into My ParadiseMy Turn (for Us)Tidy MomHappy Hour ProjectsCraftberry BushA Simple FiveDiana RamblesSimply DesigningChic on a ShoestringKitchen Fun with my 3 SonsThe Pin Junkie504 MainThe Thriftiness MissHome Maid SimpleJennifer RizzoBlissful and DomesticMy Personal AccentSunny Simple LifeNap Time CraftersAngels HomesteadA Little ClaireificationEasy Life Meal and Party PlanningCheerios and LattesBowdabraIt's OverflowingSix Sister's StuffMade from PinterestA Pretty Life in the SuburbsSummer ScrapsThe Inspiration NetworkEsskunstThe Trendy Tree HouseWhite Lights on WednesdayDuck's n' a RowMy Romantic HomeTatertots and JelloGlitter, Glue and PaintThe Stylist Quo



Another S'mores Recipe you might like:
DIY Home Sweet Home


64 comments:

  1. Even though I don't like marshmallows, this sounds exceptionally yummy Lizy. What is cookie butter? I thought maybe you meant cookie batter but you used butter a couple of times so guessing that's correct. We haven't communicated in a while. How are you? Are you having a good summer? Always look forward to checking out your recipes, especially any with chocolate. Take care, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, there went my diet lol. These look deeelicious. Thanks for sharing. Oh, and I LOVE the name of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I might need to leave work early to try this out! :) Stop by my Friday's Five Features and link up this post (and others)! http://diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com/2013/08/fridays-five-features-no-3.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for the invite Becca! I will be right over!

      Delete
  4. oh so yummy these look delicious
    come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG yes, this looks amazing. I'm pinning right now because this is a must make... Thanks for sharing and I like the frozen pie crust idea, too. Why fuss with the crust? Buy it and go from there. Wonderful looking, easy, and can be done in the winter. The raves must be good, too. Linda craftsalamode

    http://www.craftsalamode.com/2013/08/what-to-do-weekends-32.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it Linda! The easier the better right? Thank you for your sweet comment. Will be visiting you shortly!

      Delete
  6. please please tell me what cookie butter is these look so yummy and I would love to make them this weekend but need to know what cookie butter is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teresa Cookie butter is the first cousin of peanut butter, no peanuts though just crushed cookies and oil. I get mine from Trader Joe's. I sure hope you have one nearby or can get it online...if not..no problem, Nutella to the rescue!!! Equally delicious! Thank you so much for your sweet comment! Your kids are going to love it!

      Delete
  7. Please please tell me what cook butter is I would love to make these for my Boys this weekend and want to get all ingredients

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. This looks delish. I'd love if you'd link up to The DIY'ers! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-diyers-and-weekend.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that there's a celebration for S'mores. I only eat maybe two a year, but oh how I love them so. :) Your empanada looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi my dear Rosey! my email has gone crazy and I'm desperately trying to get back to it..but to no avail so here I am! These are good girl..I owe you a batch!

      Delete
  10. These look so good! And easy (and that's what I love). I'm pinning them to my Yummy S'mores! board. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much! I wouldn't have it any other way ( the easy part that is, I'm a lazy cook, lol)

      Delete
  11. Great idea, s'mores are so messy, this is a twist that makes sense! What is cookie butter, btw, never heard of that!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenna! Cookie Butter is like peanut butter but with crushed cookies and oil instead. It melts well, you can use it pretty much on everything or ...Just eat it out of the jar...lol Thank You so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  12. Everything you cook always looks delish liz. Checking in from the girlish whims hops lorraine at http://lorrainesresources.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Lorraine I really appreciate it! You're always super sweet!

      Delete
  13. Oh goodness! These look like perfection. Anything wrapped in a golden flaky crust is okay in my book, but if you fill them with s'mores it takes it to a totally new level. Looks awesome! Stopping by from Whimsy Wednesdays :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy Lee! I think I was eating the crust all by itself before I got to the S'mores part, lol!

      Delete
  14. Hi Lizbeth still love your site!
    What a great idea! My husband loves guava but this would be fun for our bbq's.
    Visiting you from the Shady Porch.
    Hope to see you Thursday on our BBQ Block Party

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shauna! of course I will be there girl, not much grilling going on lately here, my big boy got a full time summer job and the little time off he has he spends with his buddies...:( oh well teens!!! Thank you for stopping by! See ya tomorrow!

      Delete
  15. The inside of your empanadas look so good! Gooey and rich and warm. Great twist on s'mores. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Lizbeth
    these look sinfully delicious.
    Thanks for sharing with us at our Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop.
    Angel @ sewcraftyangel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG, this looks and sounds heavenly! Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness! These look so good. I am hosting a s'mores party for my kids' homeschool group at the end of the month. These will make a great addition. Bookmarking now! :-) Thank you for sharing your recipe.
    Visiting from Handy Man, Crafty Woman's Wicked Awesome Wednesday.

    Katie @ istayhomeforthis.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. So you get me back with this ... girl tooo yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh, what an awesome idea! I was just thinking about empanadas the other day and wondering if I could talk my Cuban boyfriend into eating them. He seems to only ever want sweet plantains! If I tell him there are s'mores involved, he may go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. As soon as I am off my wedding diet I am making these. Genius! And delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Totally decadent and delicious!Thanks for visiting my blog! You have a beautiful corner here!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh My Goodness, you are really killing me!!! I totally love these!!! Of course I am pinning!!!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias my love! lol...you can only have one if you want to keep looking in great shape..well maybe 2 and jump on the elliptical :) Hugs

      Delete
  24. That is so much goodness. I cannot wait to try it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Lizbeth, These empanadas looks fabulous!! Have wonderful weekend, Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is what I call a "dessert". It is just oozing with goodness. Your photos are always gorgeous. It's like having the real thing in front of you. So love your recipes! Pinning for sure....

    Sharon @ http://makeitorfixit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon, you're always too sweet! You rock your desserts too girl, I shared your chocolate cake a few weeks ago on my FB :)

      Delete
  27. I'd love to have you share this or any of your amazing posts at our weekly Super Saturday Link Party. It starts Friday's at 6pm, hope we see you there!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for the kind invitation and comment! I wouldn't miss the party!

      Delete
  28. I'm pretty sure i need some of that in my life, Lizy :) I'll be sharing this on Facebook - thanks so much for linking up to All My Bloggy Friends! Have a great weekend! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  29. Those look amazing. I'm tempted to go to the store tonite so I can make some right now! I'll be featuring these on my blog tomorrow!

    http://www.sumossweetstuff.com

    Thanks for linking up!
    Sumo:)

    ReplyDelete
  30. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank You for following Allie! would visit your blog as well! On my way!

    ReplyDelete
  32. If you ever write a cookbook, let me know! Every week I scroll through our link party and I'm always loving what you're sharing! Can't wait to try these!

    Britney @ The Princess & Her Cowboys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thank You Britney, that is such a sweet compliment! My boys, including the hubs, keep me on my toes with new flavors or improving the old ones! Thank You for your support!

      Delete
  33. This has to be the most original empanada recipe I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing it with us on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh my! S'mores are my favorite! These look amazing! Thank you so much for sharing & linking up at Thank You Honey's Whatever Wednesday Party!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh you did not just do this!!! Wow, yummmy. And thank you for mentioning what cookie butter is, and that nutella can be substituted. My waist just loves you!
    lol. Yep, I might have to go buy some candy bars tonight. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friday

    ReplyDelete
  36. oh my these look so dangerous!!! YIKES! Can't wait to try one or two or three. Thanks for sharing it with us in the Bowdabra Crafty Showcase! We all loved it!
    Don't forget that the new showcase is open from Fri. midnight--Thur. noon!

    Susie @Bowdabra
    http://www.bowdabrablog.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am addicted to s'mores....what a fabulous recipe and so creative! Thanks so much for sharing on #Cakefriday!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Holy smokes. Mind. Blown. This looks FABULOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Now that's what I call a pie! I think I may have some pie dough in the freezer---excuse me, must go and look!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow! Those look so good!!! Thanks for putting them on Show and Tell Friday on My Romantic Home blog! I'm going to Trader Joes and look for cookie butter...I've never heard of it before but it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh this looks really yummy and I don't eat smores. Thanks for sharing at Throwback Thursday.

    xoxo
    Denyse

    ReplyDelete
  42. I have to tell you, I made these last night and I didn't see a temp to bake them on. So I baked it on 450 as per the Pillsbury packaging. Well I had burnt empanadas and fire alarms going off and my poor little corgis running for cover. They were burnt, but they still tasted awesome.

    I think that's the last time I try to bake without my wife around to supervise.

    Thank you for the great idea, please add 375 as the temp to use for us non-bakers.

    Have a Happy Holiday!

    ReplyDelete