1/14/13

Corazoncitos=Conversation Hearts


Hola Amigos! I feel like something sweet today but since I am determined (at least spiritually) to cut on my sweets intake in hopes to see my waist again, I think I will whip something quick and sweet to decorate my home.


Since last January 7th when I took the last of the Christmas decorations down, my house has been like a clean slate waiting for something to bring it back in the festive mood again. I'm personally like it this way between holidays because it let's me gather my thoughts and visualize better where and how to put things. It's  the same feeling you get at the perfume counter of your favorite store...after trying all of them, you need to smell some coffee beans to cleanse your sense of smell and prepare it for more.


I don't have a lot of Valentines decorations, as a matter of fact, all I have can perfectly fit in 1 basket, not even a bin, or a box...just one basket! So how to make the most out of the goodies of that basket? Pinterest to the rescue!


I had pin a little project found here  last year and I just happened to have all the materials that I needed from shopping after the holiday last year:  $1.99 hearts from Michael's ($1.19 with 40%off coupon), bow, and .50 each acrylic paints. The only thing I bought was the decal letters because I can't stencil to safe my life! I know...
I love conversation hearts. They are cute to look at, decorate with..but to me not to eat! They taste like chalk to me. Not sweet enough, not sour enough just chalky! are my taste buds broken? What do you think? Do you like them?




I use the decals to spell the names of  everybody in the family, but since I didn't want mine to be an exact copycat of the ones I found on Pinterest, I went a little further and actually made little quotes for under each name, the few words the person uses the most..and boy do they use it!!!. I think this gave the hearts their own little fun beat! The Guys are kind of shy about being in Blogland so I only to show you guys, I changed their names on the hearts to well, what they are: The Hubs, The Teen and The Tot! I hope you understand.






Colorful, Simple and Cheap! Just the way I like my projects to be!...everything for less than $10.00! Perfect.
I'm still curious about this little candies. Very popular, hundreds of thousands sold every year for Valentines...but how many are actually eaten...That my friends, is The Question!


Have a Lovely Week!

Besitos,
Lizy

Joining some Lovely and Fabulous Conversations at:

14 comments:

  1. I don't care for the taste of this candy either, but your decoration sure is cute! Love the bright, spring colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really cute idea, Lizy! What a perfect decoration for Valentine's Day! Adding your "usual" sayings is just the right touch, too. I'm always saying "Yes, Honey" or "Ok, Honey" so much that I've almost said it to my boss before - that would really be embarrassing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute idea! Thanks for sharing it on Fluster's Muster Party.

    Hugs & Smiles

    Robin
    http://www.flusterbuster.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. I loved how conversation hearts USED to taste, but I swear that a few years back they changed the recipe. Now I really don't like them :( Well actually that is probably a good thing, since I could eat A LOT of them before...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lizbeth! I just adore this. Thanks for coming over and strutting your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute, cute decoration. I see a trip to Michael's in my future. I'm visiting from Confessions of an ADD Housewife linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute idea! I have NO Valentine's Day decorations so you are better off than me!
    Thanks for linking up to the Creative Inspirations Party!
    Stacey at Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great and is a fun idea. I personally wouldn't waste calories on that candy!! I am a candy snob!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore this idea. What a great idea. I wonder if I can make it - very craft challenged! Thanks for sharing on Thursdays Treasures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm sure you can Christie! They are super easy to make...and take my word for it..I'm not that crafty either...I'm the tape queen..everything can be fixed with tape! lol Thanks for visiting as always!

      Delete
  10. how super cute love the colors
    come see what we shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure will Angie! Thanks fot the invitation and for stopping by the blog!

      Delete