1/21/13

Candy Hearts Chocolate Cupcakes


Hola Amigos! Wishing you a productive and healthy week and as always we are starting it on a Sweet Note! Double Sweetness this week I will say, not only because we are having some scrumptious chocolate cupcakes but also because we are crowning them with candy! How fun...it will be hard to decide what to eat first, the sweet and tangy candy, the sweet buttery chocolate frosting or to take a big bite of soft chocolate cake!


Let's get on with the recipe.
Candy Hearts Chocolate Cupcakes


For the Cupcakes
6 Tablespoons Butter, softened
1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/4 Cup Superfine Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract 
2 Eggs lightly beaten
1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
Start by preheating the oven to 350F . Place 6 paper liners on a cupcake/muffin pan.
Place the butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl and beat until fluffy, then slowly add the eggs. Continue by adding the flour, cocoa and baking powder and fold them into the batter. 
Spoon the batter into the paper liners.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until risen and firm.



For the Frosting
4 Tablespoons  Butter softened
1/2 Cup of Confectioners Sugar
1 oz of Semi-Sweet Chocolate, Melted
In a bowl place softened butter and confectioners sugar, whipped until fluffy. Slowly add the melted semi-sweet chocolate until well mixed. Spread the frosting on the the cupcakes once they are cool.

For the Candy Hearts
1 bag of Jolly Ranchers
Place 2 or 3 Jolly Rancher Candies into hearth shaped silicone molds and heat up in the oven at 300F for 8 minutes. Once the candy is melted. Remove from oven and let it cool before taking the hearts out.

Listo,

What a beautiful way to start the week. The hearts look like stained glass bubbles and all!

The Chocolate cake is soft and spongy and it goes so well with the buttery flavor of the frosting!

I almost forgot, I couldn't resist showering the cupcakes with sprinkles of red sugar for a sweet crunch on every bite.

There you have it my friend, Chocolate, Candy and Sugar...not the right combination if you are on a diet, but in moderation of for a special occasion there is nothing wrong with it. Just keep in mind, everything tastes better with a Pinch Of Love!


Besitos,
Lizy

Sharing Sweet Wishes at these Fabulous Parties:

28 comments:

  1. Not only do these look beautiful but so delicious as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious! One thing I did notice: you didn't put how much flour to use in the recipe!

    Thanks so much for sharing on Marvelous Mondays. Pinning and sharing this on my Facebook page!

    Julie
    www.thisgalcooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fixed Julie...LOL...I guess among other things I need for this year, a new pair of glasses is in order!

      Delete
  3. Lizbeth, thank you so much for linking up to the In and Out of the Kitchen party over at Feeding Big. I appreciate it. You have such wonderful recipes.

    I know that you have often speak Spanish in your posts and I am wondering where you are from. I am also wondering if you would be willing to do a guest post on my blog. I have a feature on Sunday called Around The World in 80 Sunday's. I try to have a guest post from differnt countries share some history and a favorite recipe from their country. Would you be willing to guest post? I can't offer much, other than a lot of PR! I would love it though. Thanks for considereing.

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Cynthia, I sent you a convo on your FB page, check your messages! Thank You so much! I'm very excited and looking forward to it!

      Delete
  4. These turned out beautiful! Wonderful! I'd love to have you come share some of your projects at my link party that just went live!

    http://www.dosmallthingswithlove.com/2013/01/an-oldie-but-goodie-link-party-2-and.html
    I'm your newest follower!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly Nancy! Thank You so Much for the invitation and for visiting my blog! will see you at your party!

      Delete
  5. So beautiful! I can't wait to munch:)

    Hopping by and following your lovely blog's twitter, FB, G+ and Pinterest. I blog @ Getting Healthy with Essential Oils

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynn, thank you so much for visiting! These are very tasty although I'm sure your girls will go first for the candy heart just like my tot! I'm also following you!

      Delete
  6. These are the perfect Valentine's treat, Lizy! You are quite an artist. Thanks for stopping by Manila Spoon, by the way and glad to have met you. I think your photos are wonderful. My best advice for photography would be to use natural light (that's the best) 'cause I rely on it 'cause I don't have any photoshop or any major editing software. Avoid using flash and use a good camera like Canon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Abby! Thank You so Much. I totally love Manila Spoon it's going to make me gain a couple extra pounds if I keep reading the delicious recipes you post! I try to take as many pics using natural light but in the state we live in you know how hard that could be sometimes...I also wonder what my neighbors are thinking by now...why I take my food out and take pictures, lol!!Thanks for visiting Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what lovely Cupcakes! I love your candy hearts. So pretty! Thanks for linking at Show Me Your Plaid Monday's!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look so yummy! Thanks for visiting me at OneCreativeMommy.com.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the light coming through the candy. It's so hard to capture a photo of it. Thanks for sharing on Two Cup Tuesday at Pint Sized Baker.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks yummy! Please share this in a new Linky Party --Weekend Kitchen Creations at www.weekendkitchencreations.blogspot.com. Please join us, share your delicious creation, build more traffic for your blog and get other scrumptious ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cupcakes look delish! I love your candy hearts, too! I did the same thing with peppermints, but did not know you could melt jolly ranchers!

    I hope you share more of your crafts at the party this weekend!

    HUGS,
    Marti
    http://sew-licious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cupcakes and the hearts look so easy that I will definitely make these. Thank you for sharing this creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are featured this week on Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy! I hope you will stop by and grab a Featured Button from the Button Box on the sidebar this afternoon. Pinned. Can’t wait to see what else you’ve been working on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!!! How exciting Charlene! I will certainly stop by on Monday and display my button proudly! Thank You so much!

      Delete
  15. Your candy hearts look like the perfect topping! Thank you for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday. Please come back next week for another great party!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look wonderfully, I love chocolate cakes and the hearts are so sweet :) Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Mondays, featuring you wonderful cupcakes this week :)
    http://www.clairejustineoxox.com/2013/01/2801-creative-mondays-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire! That is awesome! Thank You so much! It's a bright note on my cold, slushy day!

      Delete
  17. That icing looks amazing! I would love to try this!
    Thanks for sharing - have a blessed week!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun topper for a cupcake.
    Thanks so much for linking up over at Finding the Pretty & Delicious. Hope you'll be back on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi! Thanks so much for linking this up to Nap-Time Creations Tasteful Tuesday. I'm featuring it today as party of a 25 fabulous valentine ideas post! I would be so excited if you would come over end grab a featured featured button and put it on your post! :o) OH and I have a WEEK of giveaways going on for my blog birthday... stop by and check it out and enter!!! A new one will be posted every day.

    ReplyDelete