2/13/13

Valentine's Decor

Cupido tras las Puertas=Cupid in a Closet
Hola Amigos! Since tomorrow I'm going to be a bit busy at the Red Cross, I decided to give you a very quick peek (don't blink or you will miss it)  and show you some of my hidden Valentine Decor. Among blog world bloggers are displaying beautiful Valentine's decorations and I'm feeling the itch to join them....but frankly...I don't have a heart to do it! Either that or I don't have enough stuff to create a beautiful mantle or romantic vignette, maybe one day when I grow up!


I have a little armoire in a corner of my room. Old little thing, given to me by a neighbor  lady I helped moved to a retirement home and she didn't have a use for it anymore. I crowned my little corner closet with a very romantic sign, flowers and a vintage brass cherub  bread toaster! This time not holding toast but a few pearl necklaces...nothing speaks romance like a French Sign and Pearls...Coco Chanel calling!




Inside you will find my cupcake collection. Similar to what a did for Christmas, minus the tree I added all the romantic cupcakes I had around the house, a few felt hearts and my vintage cupids.


Love this Vintage Art Deco Copper Cherub. Quite heavy and with a beautiful patina.


My Capodimonte vase displaying and array of hearts.


Usually all remains behind closed doors..apparently cats are Valentine lovers and they won't get their little paws of my hearts.



On my desk, a vintage lamp with a very chippy cherub is surrounded by 2 of my most prized possessions Antique Pewter Ice Cream Molds that coincidentally depict scenes that celebrate Love...the Bell with Cupid to celebrate marriage and the Heart to celebrate Valentines.
Ice Cream Molds were used commercially in the late 1800's and early 1900's, but most were marketed for private house use.
               







Wish I could use them for their actual purpose of make beautiful molded ice cream, but they don't recommend it due to other metals like lead mixed with the pewter that could be harmful if ingested.





















Does it ever happen to you that you have something around the house just waiting to be used at the right moment?...well I guess the moment came for all  my chubby guys.







Hope you enjoyed this glimpse into my hidden Valentine's decor hopefully to increase in years to come so it can get out of the closet and into a more social area of the house.


I wish you all a Sweet Valentine's Day full of Love, Happiness and Friendship.





Besitos,

14 comments:

  1. My mom had one of those vintage toasters in the house. I haven't seen one of those in years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizy, it's just fabulous! I enjoyed all the lovely details and your sweet sense of humor. Thanks for sharing at A Humble Creation's link party! I look forward to more of your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ice cream molds and the bejeweled hearts. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Christine! The molds are my favorite too!!! and everything with sparkles of course! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. You have some beautiful things... Love the ice cream molds. Thanks for sharing your Valentines decor... Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marlys...I so wish I could use them but the "lead" factor keeps from it...I'm just happy to look at them, lol..thank You for stopping by and commenting. Love everytime you visit!

      Delete
  5. Very cute blog here and who doesn't love chocolate! Thank you for linking to my Open House link party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another cute post, Lizabeth! I love the frenchy touches, the moulds and the tulips! And I LOVE chocolate! Thank you for linking to my HOME and I'm a new Follower.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Coco Chanel vignette! Also, those ice cream molds are unbelievably lovely. What a shame that they can no longer be used. Perhaps, you should start a company to make reproductions - I would buy them!,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks so pretty!! I love everything. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent.
    XO
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always a pleasure to attend your party Kathy! Thank You so much!

      Delete
  9. Such cute vignettes.

    Lovely to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! Glad you came over and shared at last weekends link party @The Weekend re-Treat!

    Hope to see you link up again this weekend!

    ReplyDelete