8/22/13

Chicken in Mustard and Capers Cream Sauce Recipe

Chicken in Mustard and Capers Cream Sauce, this shredded chicken sandwich will become one of your favorites! Not only you get to use left over chicken but it's creamy sauce makes the appealing to young and old1
Hola Amigos! This one is an after school snack for little ones! Mine loves chicken, everything creamy and sandwiches on soft flaky bread are among his best friends. Put it all together and you have a happy kid and a mom with enough time to plan for dinner without stress.

Super easy recipe, could be done with leftover rotisserie chicken or with the lonely chicken breast left on the package after you have cooked that big meal ( for some crazy reason I always have 1 seasoned piece of chicken left from the family package).

If you don't have any croissants available, no problem I used them because they were out of our favorite Honey Buttermilk Biscuits at the store. My little one is crazy about them and this chicken goes great with them.
Chicken in Mustard and Capers Cream Sauce, this is the creamiest chicken sandwich you have ever had! With a bit of Mediterranean flavor, it could be made with leftover chicken and if this is the case lunch or dinner will be made in less than 30 minutes. How about that for a great chicken sandwich!

And last but not least if you are wondering what role the capers play, well they are that little note of saltiness and tangy flavor on the creamy sauce, just like olives. Who would have thought a 5 year old would do the happy dance every time he bites into one? he picks the mushrooms out of his pizza, but loves capers, go figure.

This is one of my favorite recipes for using leftover chicken since I'm all about using everything and on of my guys's favorite for lunch or light dinner! Everybody happy. Hope you are too when you try it at your home. Remember  my friends,everything tastes better with a Pinch Of Love!

Besitos,
Lizy

Chicken in Mustard and Capers Creamy Sauce
Ingredients:
2 Cups Cooked Shredded Chicken
2 TBSP Butter
1 1/3 Cups Chicken Broth 
2/3 Cups Milk
1/4 Cup Dijon Mustard 
2 TBSP Flour
2 TBSP Capers
4 Croissants or 4 Honey Buttermilk Biscuits 
Directions:
In a Large Skillet under medium heat, melt butter and saute chicken until heated through. Right around 2-3 minutes.
Add chicken broth and cook on high until it reduces by half. Takes about 5 minutes.
In a small bowl whisk together milk, mustard and flour. Stir into the chicken mix. Cook and stir until everything comes to a boil . Stir in the capers, mix, remove from heat.  Scoop a good portion on your toasted croissants or biscuits and enjoy!

Prep Time 5 Minutes                     Cook Time 15 minutes             Serves 4


Bringing my Creamy Chicken Sandwich to these Fabulous Parties:
The Best Blog Recipes, Jennifer Rizzo, Do Small Things with Love, Kitchen Fun with my 3 Sons, The Answer is Chocolate, Simple Eating and Living, The Pin Junkie, Simply Designing, 504 Main, Craftionary, Five Days Five Ways, Shaken Together, Not Your Ordinary Recipes, Four Little Fergusons, Just Us Four, Cheerios and Lattes, Classy Clutter, Spatulas on Parade, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Under the Table and Dreaming, Frugla Foodie Mama, Claire Justine oxox, Huckleberry Love, Craft-O-Maniac, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Say Not Sweet Anne, Flour Me with Love, Jembellish, Jam Hands, Sew Can Do, Keeping it Simple, Boogieboard Cottage, Who Needs a Cape, Alderberry Hill, Ms. enPlace, Between Naps on the Porch, The Tumbleweed Contessa, Joyful Healthy Eats, Cozy Little House,  The Blackberry Vine, Pint Sized Baker, A Southern Fairytale, Coastal Charm, The Gunny Sack, Hun,,what's for dinner?, Chef in Trainning, The Princess and her Cowboys, Our Table for Seven, Home Stories A-Z, Nap-Time Creations, Ladybug Blessings, Setting for Four, Dessert Now, Dinner Later, Sugar Bee Crafts, A Pretty Life in the Suburbs, Love Bakes Good Cakes, The Everyday Home, All She Cooks, Thank You Honey, Smart School House, Ginger Snap Crafts, Lady Behind the Curtain, Made to be a Momma, My Girlish Whims, The Shady Porch, Creations by Kara, Kitchen Meets Girl, Homemade Ginger, Memories by the Mile, Funky Polkadot Giraffe, Not Just a Housewife, Powerful Mothering, Hope Studios, Fluster Buster, Twin Dragonfly Designs, The Trendy Treehouse, White Lights on Wednesday, Food Done Light, Sweet Haute, A Handful of Everything, Katherine's Corner, What's Cooking Love?, The Crafty Blog Stalker, Saving 4 Six, Handy Man, Crafty Woman, Pink Recipe Box, Real Coake, SNAP, The Real Housewives of Riverton, Creative Geekery, The Brambleberry Cottage, Lamberts Lately, House of Hepworths, Live Laugh Rowe, We Learn as We Go, Create Craft Love, My Turn (for Us), My Personal Accent, Tidy Mom, A Simple Five, Liz Marie Blog, Simply Sweet Home, Tatertots and Jello, My Mixing Spoons, Pursuit of Functional Home, Cindy's Recipes and Writings, Shaffer Sisters





Other Creamy Chicken dishes you might enjoy:

33 comments:

  1. My husband is obsessed with capers! They have such a nice burst of salt in dishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the unexpected saltiness they bring! I agree with your hubs! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I was talking food with my husband, and showing him the s'mores empanadas, when he sees this and says - "Chicken and croissants. That's what I like." lol. Thanks for another great recipe on Foodie Friday! Can't wait to buy some more capers, and actually use them this time, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...I love it when the hubs gets into the whole foodie blogging thing! That's awesome Adelina! These are really good, I guess next time I will have to make a bigger batch and buy more croissants! Thank You (p.s, buy the tine jars, they are like a $1.50 you won't feel too bad if you don't use them all!)

      Delete
  3. G'day! What an interesting combination Lizbeth, true!
    Love the idea of the saltiness of the capers too!
    Cheers! Joanne
    @mickeydownunder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne! That's what my kid loves, that little hit of saltiness on the capers! and they infuse the creamy sauce with it too! Thank You for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Mmmmm, looks like yet another winner! I'm making cold chicken salad on croissants for my daughter to serve at a baby shower she's hosting tomorrow. After seeing this, I'm picking up extra bread so I can try these too.
    Am also entering a phase in my life where I actually have time to try - not just drool over! - your recipes and want you to know that the cherry ice cream blender smoothie you featured several months ago is FABULOUS!
    "Shop with confidence" here, fellow fans of Lizbeth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are to sweet Miss J! Thank You! If you try this recipe you are going to find yourself making it every week! If it's kid approved with capers, believe me it's good! Thank You so much for your sweet words, they mean the world to me!

      Delete
  5. Great seasoning in the chicken and the croissant must be heaven to sandwich in... thanks for sharing this with us on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Diane! The croissant is definitely a great texture touch as you mention.

      Delete
  6. You always make such great things, Lizy! Pinning it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Rosey! I think your little one it's going to like this recipe, mine kept eating the chicken by itself.

      Delete
  7. This looks to die for. I love capers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those little things are the bomb Ashley! Thank You

      Delete
  8. My son loves capers.
    This looks so good--nice and creamy. I want it for lunch tomorrow!
    Thank you for sharing with See Ya in the Gumbo this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's with capers and kids huh?, lol...for some reason mine love them too..which they thought about broccoli the same way! Thanks Michelle.

      Delete
  9. I just couldn't help myself, I saw all that creamy chicken oozing from the croissant and I had to click on it. What a great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Shawna! It's easy to make too, that is what I love the most!

      Delete
  10. I was sold on the croissant, but the honey biscuits sound amazing too! what a great recipe - thanks for sharing at wake up Wednesdays. Hope to see you next week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you think the biscuits are totally awesome! Try to find them, it really gives the mixture a whole different layer of flavor! ok now my own mouth is watering, LOL...thank you Heather, love to have you here!

      Delete
  11. Oh goodness! I am so going to try this ASAP. I LOVE capers! Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So easy Cindy! You are going to love it! Capers are a hit!

      Delete
  12. I'm a new follower! Carrie, www.amothersshadow.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds yummy and looks delicious! Thanks for linking up at this weeks Share Your Stuff Tuesdays :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin! Always great to be part of your party! Thanks

      Delete
  14. I am a mustard girl, so this sounds great! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays #27!

    ~Amber @ DessertNowDinnerLater.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeayyy for Mustard people! I am too! Thanks Amber!

      Delete
  15. I love chicken salad on a croissant, and this is a great idea to spice it up a bit. Thanks again for linking up at the Pin it Monday party.

    -Emily @ MyLoveforWords.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily! You will enjoy this one for sure!

      Delete
  16. My Little Dude would love this. He loves anything in a croissant! Thank you so much for linking up at Thank You Honey's Whatever Wednesday party!!

    Sarah

    http://thankyouhoneyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Sarah, my kids love this particular sandwich too, the magic of the capers!

      Delete
  17. Thank you so much for linking up at Thank You Honey's Whatever Wednesday party!!

    Sarah

    http://thankyouhoneyblog.com

    ReplyDelete