9/17/13

Rat's Nest Halloween Spinach and Artichoke Dip Recipe

Rat's Nest Halloween Spinach and Artichoke Dip, every good party needs a great dip. A Halloween Party needs a Spooktacular one! This is it!
Hola Amigos! There is no party without a good dip right? I love spinach and artichoke dip! That is the first and  pretty much only appetizer I order other than stuffed mushrooms (those will be coming soon). Also I like mine warm but if I'm desperate, I really don't care how it is ...just pass the chips!
This particular recipe is my SIL's !!! I'm sure you probably make it a similar way since it's such a simple and easy recipe but boy!...so good!
Rat's Nest Halloween Spinach and Artichoke Dip, Bring the Life to your Undead Halloween party with this Fabulous Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip! It's out of this World and Easy to Make

What I love about it is that it has tons of cheese and equal amount of spinach! I've found some places cut the amount of spinach short and add a fillers  like water chestnuts instead!

Chips are an important part of this dip. Don't get the thin ones! This particular dip is thick and chunky so you need a good chip to get a hold of all the goodness!

And why the Rat's Nest name for my this particular one? well think about it, Rats are omnivores, but they love cheese there are 3 cheeses alone on this one! Rats like warm moist places, this dip has the right amount of moisture thanks to the spinach and since it's baked...it's steamy hot! And rat's are messy...there is a mess every time you eat chips right? crumbles everywhere...or maybe just when I eat them,  lol
Rat's Nest Halloween Spinach and Artichoke Dip! Heat up the Souls of the Zombies at your party with this Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip! A great Halloween party needs a great dip, this is it!

So there you go my friends, short and sweet! What's your favorite appetizer? Do you order the same one every time you go out? It was great to have you here for appetizer time! Remember everything tastes better with a Pinch of Love!

Besitos,
Lizy


Rat's Nest Halloween Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Ingredients:
16 oz Frozen Chopped Spinach, thawed and drained
8 oz Chives and Onion Cream Cheese, softened
1 package Vegetable Dip Mix
14 oz (1 can) Artichoke Hearts, chopped and drained
8 oz (1 can) Water Chestnuts, chopped and drained
1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Directions:
Pre-heat oven at 350 degrees. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, except the mozzarella cheese. Spoon everything on a oven safe container and top the mix with the mozzarella cheese. 
Put in the oven and and bake for 15 minutes or until dip is hot. Serve with chips and enjoy!

Prep Time: 10 minutes                   Cooking Time: 15 minutes                   Servings 3 Cups



Sharing some Spooktacular chips and dip at these Fa-BOO-Lous Parties:
Ducks 'n a Row, Lady Behind the Curtain, Made to be a Momma, Ginger Snap Crafts, Mom's Test Kitchen, The Shady Porch, My Girlish Whims, Crystal and Co, The Well Crafted Home, The Everyday Home, Kitchen Meets Girl, Thank You Honey, The Trendytreehouse, Dream a Little Bigger, White Lights on Wednesday, Smart School House, Polkadots on Parade, We Like to Learn as We Go Real Housewives of Riverton, SNAP, 733, This Silly Girl's Life, Someday Crafts, Handy Man, Crafty Woman, Memories by the Mile, The 36th Avenue, 52 Mantels, Sweet Haute, A Handful of Everything, Katherine's Corner, The Mandatory Mooch, What's Cooking, Love?, Lamberts Lately, The Crafty Blogstalker, Live Laugh Rowe, Gingerly Made, The Brambleberry Cottage, Recipes for my boys, Kitchen Fun with my 3 Sons, The Best Blog Recipes, Craftionary, The Answer is Chocolate, My Turn (for Us), Simply Sweet Home, Living Better Together, The Pin Junkie, Tidy Mom, Just Us Four, Home Maid Simple, Dear Creative, Diana Rambles, 504 Main, Tatertots and Jello, A Little Claireification, Sewlicious Home, Angels Homestead, The Thriftiness Miss, Craft Dictator, Sara Howe, Cheerios and Lattes, Six Sisters Stuff, I Gotta Create, Be Different Act Normal, It's Overflowing, Twigg Studios, WCFS, Your Homebased Mom, Dessert Now, Dinner Later, Pink When, Who Needs a Cape, Nifty Thrifty Things, Flamingo Toes, Spatulas on Parade, My Mixing Spoons, I Should Be Mopping the Floors, The Casual Craftlete, Cooking for the Seven Dwarfs, This Gal Cooks, Between Naps on the Porch, PandP Kitchen, The Tumbleweed Contessa, Titi Crafty, Create with Joy, Feeding Big, Suburbs Mama, Rain on a Tin Roof, A Pinch of Joy, Setting for Four, Huckleberry Love, The Gunny Sack, Ladybug Blessings, Chef in Training, Mandy's Recipe Box, Home Stories A to Z, Our Table for 7, Under the Table and Dreaming, DIY Home Sweet Home, Mad in Crafts, A Southern Fairytale, Jam Hands, Jembellish, Sugar Bee Crafts, Nap Time Creations, Memories by the Mile, Cozy Little House, Fluster Buster, Townsend House, Frugal Foodie Mama


Get Your Crap TogetherCoconutHead

15 comments:

  1. OMG Lizy! As soon as I saw the picture, I knew it had to be your recipe! :) I love the rat, he is so cute...I mean creepy. Haha that is the perfect Halloween dip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Halloween posts are adorable and a little scary! ;) Thanks for linking a few of them up at my SWLP, I appreciate you!

    Hugs,
    Heather
    MySweetMission.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww oh my gosh that one made me squeal and hunch my shoulders!! OH my gosh, your son LOVES your creations doesn't he/?? MY son would be so delighted, lolol

    Oh Lizy!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you put so much effort into the food you give your family. Seriously it's wonderful and I'm sure that your son loves suppertime! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allison! My guys are food critics...they are brutal, lol...so they keep me on my toes all the time but is rewarding to hear them say, especially my hubs, it was good Dear! That's all I want to hear...that and cleaning the dishes for me...but that never happens...oh well..lol..thanks for coming by and checking our recipes!

      Delete
  5. That looks delicious. Cannot wait to make this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious. Cannot wait to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is very tasty and I love the fact that with the weather changing is good to have some warm snacks! Thank You so much for your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great idea for Halloween. Every one loves spinach dip so making it into a Halloween themed dish is genius.
    Thanks for linking up at the Pinworthy Projects Party.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lizzy! You have so many Halloween Recipe Ideas that are amazing! Crazy Good & scary looking. Thanks for sharing at the party. I hope to see you again soon. I'll be sure to share! Theresa @DearCreatives

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lizy - you need an exterminator, it looks like you have a rat infestation. LOL - hope you're having a good week. Pinning

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just pinned and will be sharing on Facebook as one of the great features at this week's Freedom Fridays!!

    Hugs, and Thanks so much for sharing:)))))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Halloween recipes! Thank you so much for sharing & linking up at Thank You Honey's Whatever Wednesday Party!! Hope to see you this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so clever, LizyI I love it! :)
    Thank you for sharing at this week's HalloWonderful Week Link Party! Pinned & sharing!

    ReplyDelete