11/20/13

Fall Apple Cake Recipe

Fall Apple Cake Recipe, the flavors of fall on each slice of this delicious cake, buttery, sweet and moist! The best way to have "that apple a day"! #applerecipe #applecake #falldesserts
Hola Amigos: I'm guess I'm feeling daring with my oven lately! So far no fails and I hope I don't jinx it after this one.
We had a lot of apples in this house this year, maybe because my little one likes to take one to school everyday, maybe because a nearby neighbor lets us go into her yard and pick as many as we want or maybe no matter where we go we get a box full of free apples! Who am I to complain about this! The more the merrier and free makes them taste even sweeter.

But after a while...what am going to do with all of them? way too many in just one week, here comes girlfriend with her tried and tested Apple Cake recipe, and even though I panic every time I'm baking sweets I have to mix myself, she told me there was no way I could mess this one up.

Wow was she right! It was good...too good I would say, because half of it got eaten by a pack of hungry teenagers before I could take a pic of the entire thing. You can picture right now my expression when I came to take the pics and half the cake was gone!!!!!! <-----insert the "Home Alone Plus" face here.


I'm sure you've tried this recipe before, it was my first time and it won't be the last!
Fall Apple Cake Recipe, Do you have an abundance of apples? Use some to make this sweet and moist cake! An juice apple bite in every slice! #applecake #apples #applerecipes

Of course, as tradition mandates, well at least tradition in my house, if it's called cake, it needs Ice Cream, and caramel and, well I was out of chocolate this time, but you get the idea!

Fall Apple Cake Recipe, a sweet way to use all the apples of the season, use what you have at hand and enjoy this sweet treat #applecake #apple #falldesssert

Thank You for visiting the blog today! Are you having an abundance of Apples as well? What do you do with all of them, care to share? Remember my friends, everything tastes better with a Pinch of Love!
Fall Apple Cake Recipe, if you are not into Pumpkin this is a delicious and easy to make alternative! Good by itself of with ice cream, this Apple Cake is the dessert you've been looking for! #applecake #apples #applerecipe

Besitos,
Lizy
Fall Apple Cake
Ingredients:
2 Pounds Apples (like 4 medium), chopped
2 Cups Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Butter
2 Eggs
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 TBSP Apple Pie Spice
2 1/2 Cups Flour
Topping
2 TBSP Brown Sugar
2 TBSP Flour
2 TBSP Butter
1 TBSP Apple Spice
1 Cup Chopped Pecans
Directions:
Preheat your oven at 350 degrees. Grease your baking pan. Set aside.
Bet together your wet ingredients (now that sounds professional right?) brown sugar, butter and eggs. Once everything is mixed using your spatula, add apples, flour, baking soda and apple spice. Pour this mix on your greased baking pan. For the topping mix all the mentioned ingredients and sprinkle over the mix. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Serve and Enjoy!

Prep Time 10 minutes                                Cook Time 35-40 minute                   Serves 10


Sharing my Sweet Apple Pie at these Fabulous Parties:
Sweet Haute, The Brambleberry Cottage, Lamberts Lately, The Mandatory Mooch, Katherine's Corner, What's Cooking Love?, The Crafty Blogstalker, Saving 4 Six, A Glimpse Inside, Made in a Day, Simply Dream and Create, Consider me Inspired, Artsy Fartsy Mama, Living Well Spending Less, The Inspiration Network, Gingerly Made, White Lights on Wednesday, The Girl Creative, The Answer is Chocolate, Becoming Martha, The Best Blog Recipes, Tidy Mom, French Country Cottage, My Turn (for Us), 504 Main, Home Maid Simple, The Shabby Nest, The Pin Junkie, The Craft Dictator, Living Better Together, Not Your Ordinary Recipes, Kitchen Fun with my 3 Sons, In the Kitchen with Jenny, The 36th Avenue, Today's Creative Blog, The Crafty Allie, Cheerios and Lattes, Made from Pinterest, Twigg Studios, Nifty Thrifty Things, Flamingo Toes, Life on Lakeshore Drive, I Should be Mopping the Floors, Will Cook for Smiles, Titi Crafty, 2 Crochet Cooks, My Mixing Spoon, Two It Yourself, The Chicken Chick, Under the Table and Dreaming, Coastal Charm, Between Naps on the Porch, The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen, Cooking for the Seven Dwarfs, A Pinch of Joy, Create with Joy, The Tumbleweed Contessa, Kathe with an E, Feeding Big, Home Stories A to Z, Hun...what's for dinner?, Our Table for Seven, The View from 510, Mandy's Recipe Box, Nap-Time Creations, Chef in Training, Pint Sized Baker,Lady Behind the Curtain, Ducks' n a Row, Fluster Buster, Taylor House, Ginger Snap Crafts, Diana Rambles, Juggling Real Food and Real Life, Rain on a Tin Roof, Huckleberry Love, Craft-O-Maniac, Skip to my Lou, Say Not Sweet Anne, Alderberry Hill, Boogieboard Cottage, Mad in Crafts, Frugality Gal, Carrie This Home, Smart School House, Kleinworth & Co, Homemade Ginger, Memories by the Mile, Kitchen Meets Girl

16 comments:

  1. That looks so good! I have everything but the apple pie spice - we were gifted with a big box of apples and I made Martha's "Mile High Apple Pie" with some of them. I think I'd like this even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'day! Another winner Lizy, true!
    Wish could come through the screen and try some right now too!
    Cheers! Joanne
    http://www.whatsonthelist.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just one of those cakes that you know you will go to over and over again. It looks delicious and I love the topping on its own! A great fall cake for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love anything apple. This looks yummy! Thanks for sharing. I am visiting from Delish link party.
    Carrie Swenson

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so loving the picture with the ice cream and cake. I was going to make an apple cake but decided not to. Now, so wishing I had make that cake. Pinning this recipe and definitely trying it. I know what you mean about taking the picture and people eating before shot. My kids hate when I prepare something and tell them I'm fixing this to post on blog. They know it'll take a while before they eat any.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know it's delicious if the teens get to it before you can get to the camera. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks outrageously good! Omg I cannot imagine how delicious it must taste. Stopping by from Foodie Friends Friday.

    Toodles,
    Tammy<3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! I have lots of apples around too...this may be just the thing! Thank you!
    http://www.excuseourmess.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Erin, I love that I have an alternative to pumpkin in the Fall! :)

      Delete
  9. I'm hungry looking at this. Yummy. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh goodness this looks fantastic. Especially paired with vanilla ice cream. Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Must have!! I will make this for sure :) Thanks for sharing at Snickerdoodle Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks delicious! I love warm apple cake with ice cream. Pinned this! Have a wonderful weekend!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your apple cake looks so good and your photos are beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing @ Let's Get Real!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks amazing! Stopping by from Make the Scene Monday link up. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete