1/7/13

Lunes de Chocolate=Sweet Monday


Hola Amigos and Happy Monday! It is the first full workweek of 2013 and we are celebrating. How about we start this week on a sweet note, even better if it involves Chocolate!

When was the last time you made pudding, chocolate pudding and I don't mean the stuff you get from a box mix it and serve it. I'm talking about delicious homemade rich thick pudding with only 4 ingredients all natural, no preservatives and you can adjust it too your family taste if you wanted to.

I'm no nutrition expert, my jeans know that, my muffin top knows it  and my ever expanding sweat pant collection does too, but it seems to me, Milk, 100%Cocoa, Honey and Cornstarch are  a lot easy to say and identify

Than:
WATER, XYLITOL, MODIFIED CORNSTARCH, COCOA PROCESSED WITH ALKALI, MILK PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, CONTAINS LESS THAN 1.5% OF HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL (COCONUT AND PALM KERNEL OILS), SALT, SODIUM STEAROYL LACTYLATE (FOR SMOOTH TEXTURE), CALCIUM PHOSPHATE, SODIUM ALGINATE, SUCRALOSE, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, ARTIFICIAL COLOR. CONTAINS: MILK <----(I sure hope so). I don't know, just saying.!!!!

Food Done Light









Here is the recipe for my version of chocolate pudding

D'Lizy-O Chocolate Pudding

3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
3 Tablespoons Cocoa (I used Hershey's 100% Dark Cacao)
3 Tablespoons of Honey
2 Cups of Milk
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Optional
Rainbow Sprinkles 

Measure all your ingredients and add them up in a heavy pan, under medium heat on your stove , whisking constantly not to get lumps.
Cook until thickened and starting to boil.
Remove the pan from heat, and add if you wish a Teaspoon of vanilla extract.

Pour the mix into 4 cups and refrigerate covered  with plastic wrap.

Listo!






You can serve it with yummy rainbow sprinkles on top, whip cream or plain!
Note: My version is not as sweet as the ones you are used to from the box, you could use a different cocoa blend or add more honey. 

I hope you enjoy this quick dessert to start your week and end your Sweet Monday! Remember, everything tastes better with a Pinch of Love!


Besitos,

10 comments:

  1. what a great blog... following you through facebook and google +. Found you on my turn(for us) let's get social sunday. Would love to invite you to our Foodie Friends friday linky party... it starts on Thursday and goes until Sunday morning.. link upto 3 recipes. Great food, great bloggers and great giveaways.
    http://marlys-thisandthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dessert looks amazing, I cannot believe the colour of it!

    Following from the UK via the Hump Day Blog Hop :-)

    And by the way - Just Dip it in Chocolate. Amen to that :-)

    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Mama G! wow UK that's so awesome and exciting...it's amazing how far words can reach! Thank You for coming to my blog and leaving a comment!. Believe me the color is just as shown, it's the 100% dark cacao!

      Delete
  3. Oh boy that look so good! I love chocolate anytime day or night. Thanks for sharing. Glad to see you blogging too, I wish you all the very best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Debbie! Yes it's been fun the last 2 months. Getting to meet a lot of nice and fun people and I get to play with the big girls now! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for linking up to Heavenly Treats Sunday Dessert Link Party! This yummy treat is being featured tomorrow, make sure you come over and get your featured button!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I have everything to make the pudding in my pantry! I am going to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you don't have any "sodium alignate" handy. LOL. but the good stuff to make pudding! Go for it and let me know how you liked it! Thank you so much for stopping by and visit!

      Delete
  6. This looks sooooo rich! Thanks for sharing at Foodie Friends Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Cindy! It is pretty tasty indeed! always an honor to join the FFF party!

      Delete