10/10/13

Spiked Monster Halloween Cocktail Recipe

Spiked Monster Halloween Cocktail Recipe, Isn't this adorable? It sure is, but don't be fooled by it's looks. Our monster friend here is spiked making it the perfect cocktail for mom or dad on Halloween night.
Hola Amigos! This one is for mom and dad only. Once in a blue moon (no pun intended) I like to enjoy a cocktail while watching tv or just checking out other blogs. I like mine sweet, what a surprise, right? ..so this one fits the bill!
Spiked Monster Halloween Cocktail Recipe. Adults want to have fun too at Halloween, here is a tasty way of doing it while keeping it festive.

My little monster friend here is basically a White Russian with ice cream instead of cream. You could totally make the original version and then just call it a" ghost" if you wanted to, I just couldn't pass the opportunity of using this amazing Blue Moon ice cream I found at the store the other day and since is Halloween, why not!
Also at the store I found a new Cool Whip Topping Frosting! I really like it! it is thick, holds well just like frosting and you  just keep it in your refrigerator. I think is perfect for these kind of drinks.

It's sweeter than the traditional but don't be fooled by the sweetness, it's still spiked so be careful, lol!
"Too Friendly" Ghost

Spiked Monster

I think these guys  have a mild case of  hangover, look at those eyes, lol!!

It is Friday tomorrow so go ahead and  get what you need to make this delicious cocktail and enjoy! Have a happy pre-weekend and remember my friends everything tastes better with a Pinch of Love!
Spiked Monster Halloween Cocktail Recipe, Enjoy a delicious cocktail reminiscent of the classic white russian. These guys here are ready for moms and dads's halloween celebration #cocktails #halloweendrinks #whiterussian

Besitos,
Lizy

Spiked Monster Halloween Cocktail Recipe
Ingredients
1 oz Vodka 
1 oz Kahlua
1 oz French Vanilla Coffee Creamer (to clean any residue of the dark Kahlua)
1/2 Cup Blue Moon Ice Cream (for the original or Ghost use vanilla bean ice cream or plain cream)
Whip Cream Frosting , Oreo Cookie and  Edible sugar eyes for decor

Directions:
Put everything on a blender (if using ice cream) and blend everything together until smooth. Top with whip cream frosting and sugar eyes. 
If using just plain cream put all in a shaker and shake your little heart out until everything is mixed. 

Prep time 3 minutes               Serves 1 (3/4 Cup)Cocktail


Bringing my "little guys" over to these Fa-BOO-lous Parties:
Creative Geekery, Made in a Day, Saving for Six, My Turn (for Us), The Girl Creative, Craftionary, The Best Blog Recipes, Love and Laundry, Home Maid Simple, Tidy Mom, My Romantic Home, Kitchen Fun with my 3 Sons, 504 Main, A Simple Five, The Dedicated House, Practically Functional, Diana Rambles, Living Better Together, Shaken Together, Just Us Four, The Answer is Chocolate, Becoming Martha, 4 Little Fergusons, Not Your Ordinary Recipes, Today's Creative Blog, Cheerios and Lattes, Six Sisters's Stuff, Made from Pinterest, Call Me PMc, Frugal Foodie Mama, WOM, Under the Table and Dreaming, Carrie This Home, Between Naps on the Porch, The Velvet Moon Baker, Huckleberry Love, A Pinch of Joy, PandP Kitchen, A Southern Fairytale, The Gunny Sack, Coastal Charm, Home Stories from A to Z, Twigg Studios, Chef in Training, Hun...what's for Dinner?, Who Needs a Cape, Our Table for Seven, Sugar Bee Crafts, Pint Sized Baker, Memories by the Mile, Love Bakes Good Cakes, Cozy Little House, Lady Behind the Curtain, Ginger Snap Crafts, Smart School House, Mom's Test Kitchen, My Girslish Whims, SNAP, Kitchen Meets Girl, The Mandatory Mooch, Sweet Haute, White Lights on Wednesday, Polkadots on Parade, Housewives of Riverton, Delish, Sara Howe, Cassidy's Cooking Collection, Sewlicious Home Decor, Classy Clutter, Suburbs Mama, Life on Lakeshore Dirve, The Tablescaper, Navy Wifey Peters, Nifty Thrifty Things, My Mixing Spoon, VMG206, Craft-O-Maniac, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, The Chicken Chick, I Should be Mopping the Floors, Carrie This Home, Ms enPlace, DIY Home Sweet Home, Mad in Crafts, Jam Hands, Live Laugh Rowe, The Crafty Blogstalker, Lamberts Lately, My Personal Accent, Foodie Friends Friday, Will Cook for Smiles, Sew-Licious, Serenity You, The Stylist Quo, Kathe with an E
Get Your Crap TogetherIt's Fall Y'all 2013CoconutHead










40 comments:

  1. OMG! TOO CUTE!! I want to make the cookie monster one. I really hate Kahlua but it has been a long time since I have tried it, so I guess I'll have to give it another go.

    If you have time, please come link up at The Blog Strut! We would love to have you there.

    Have a wonderful day,
    Amber
    My Personal Accent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Amber! I will bring the guys over for sure!

      Delete
  2. LOL at the hangover eyes! These are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. G'day! What a fun post indeed, true!
    Thank you as your photos made me smile today too!
    Cheers! Joanne
    @mickeydownunder

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are the cutest ever. I will be sharing them sometime this week on face book,but Pinning now..Love it.Following now as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Jodie! and thanks for stopping by the blog!

      Delete
  5. So totally cool!!!! And they sound amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute!! And I can tell by the recipe yummy, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Lynn! They are good although I will only recommend one at a time, LOL

      Delete
  7. I LOVE THIS! I also love sweet drinks, and if it looks cute, all the better! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa! These are cute despite the hang over eyes, lol

      Delete
  8. You are so creative! They are awesome! Thanks for sharing them at Share Your Stuff Tuesdays this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Emily and thank you for visiting the blog!

      Delete
  9. OMG I love it!! I'm fond of sweet cocktails too and would love to try this one. Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday, Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Still loving these!! Hey Chica, check this out:)))))
    http://www.myturnforus.com/2013/10/fun-halloween-food.html

    Thanks for always sharing at Freedom Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are always so creative!! Thanks for linking up to Tickled Pink Times Two!!
    Make it a pink day :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is so stinkin cute! you are so creative! Rhonda @ ithinkicancan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Rhonda! Glad you like the little spiked dude!

      Delete
  13. Stopping by to let you know I'm featuring you twice today on the Spooktacular Linkup! Thanks so mcu for linking up such fun Halloween ideas!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim you are awesome! Thank you so much for your support! On my way to check it out! Great way to start my weekend!

      Delete
  14. I must have one of each - at least! lol Would love for you to stop by our first Halloween Theme party today and share :) http://www.2crochethooks.com/1/post/2013/10/snickerdoodle-sunday-and-zombie-tissues.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this!

    You're always welcome at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! You've been featured on this week's Martha Mondays! :) Swing by to pick up a "Featured" button and do a little bragging! :)

    http://www.watchoutmartha.net/2013/10/martha-mondays-link-up-party-features_20.html

    Amanda
    www.watchoutmartha.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh, these look amazing, and oh so delicious! I so have to make one of these at Halloween (or any other time)....lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just wanted to let you know you won last week's linky at cass-eats.blogspot.com. I'm doing a little feature of this post! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are just too fun! I'm pinning this to my Halloween board. Thanks SO much for sharing at the Frugal Crafty Home Blog Hop. Have a Great Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This came out so cute!!!! I pinned it

    ReplyDelete
  21. My eyes may end up looking like that! I love white russians.
    Love, love the "cookie monster." Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love these, your decorations on them are just amazing. I'm wondering what flavor that Blue Moon Ice Cream is. Hmm, may have to find out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen It's a hard to describe flavor, very unique, not fruity more like sweet cream candy. It's by Hudsonville and I don't believe is one of it's seasonal flavors so you would be able to find it any time or the year! :)

      Delete
  23. Hi Lizy, wow how adorable! Thanks so much for making me laugh tonight! The white russian one sounds so good and I'm laughing about the hangover eyes on the cookie monster drink! Wow I can't believe how creative you are! Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have the ingredients for the vanilla one, cant wait to make a non-alcoholic version for the kiddos. I featured this today over at the Inspiration Monday party.
    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are officially the cutest things ever!- and cocktails woo woo! Nice to see grown-up Halloween treats sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations...this post was featured on Create It Thursday #26! Thanks for linking up such a great creation last week!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So cute and delicious! Thanks for sharing at Foodie Friends Friday Halloween Party!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi! I wanted to say thanks for submitting this to my Treat Yo Self linky party and that I featured it on my blog! Come check 'er out :)

    http://thestylistquo.com/treat-yo-self-linky-party-favorites-2/

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Cheryl, will be right over, just today I'm emerging from a short break! Thanks for letting me know :)

      Delete