7/30/13

Bananas Foster Milkshake Recipe

Bananas Foster Milkshake recipe, if you love your flambe bananas foster desert you are going to love the same version but in a thick and rich milkshake! Flames and all!
Hola Amigos! You all know how much I am in love with chocolate, but I think I've just found the second best thing in life (well at least for this week). Bananas Foster!!! Oh goodness...that is the most decadent dessert not involved with chocolate in the planet...just think about it...buttery, fruity sweet, cinnamony spiced and spiked??? Oh Mama!!! lol...Well you know me...it had to be taken to the next level on  a milkshake!
This was fun to make but even tastier to drink! It has all the components of the bananas foster you love! Even the flaming part believe it or not! Banana Rum, Brown Sugar, Tumeric among other goodies!
I love mine topped with a few banana chips and sprinkle some extra sugar on top, and let's not forget cinnamon sugar in the rim of your cup just to give it that extra sparkle!

Bananas Foster Milkshake recipe, this is a thick rich milkshake with all the components of your favorite desert, flames and all! If you like your dessert you are going to love this milkshake!
Too good to have just one I tell you guys, but we better because it's rich, like your triple thick 'restaurant" milkshake, only way better! 
Thank You so much for your visit today, before I forget you can make this kid friendly by skipping the ingredient that makes the bananas "flame"! It will still be delicious! Remember everything tastes better with your imagination and a Pinch of Love!
Besitos,
Lizy

Bananas Foster Milkshake
Ingredients
2 Ripe Bananas
4 Tablespoons of Butter
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1 shot Banana Rum or any Rum you have
1 TBSP Lemon Juice
Pinch of Cinnamon
Pinch of Tumeric
1/2 Milk
1 Pint Vanilla Ice Cream
1 tsps Vanilla Butter
Cinnamon Sugar for garnish
Banana Chips for garnish
Directions
In a large skillet melt butter and sugar in low-medium heat to avoid burning, stir.
Add the bananas ( I prefer to add them  cut). Cook them for about 4 minutes. 
Very carefully add the rum and with a long match or lighter flambe your banana mix. ***Very important, make sure the vents of the stove are off while you do this, since the flames might shoot. 
Let the flame die down.
Add lemon juice, cinnamon and tumeric, cook for another 2-4 minutes.
Let it cool at room temperature and add to your blender with the milk and ice cream. Blend until smooth and enjoy!

Prep Time: 8 minutes     Cook Time: 8 Minutes     Serves 4 (4oz) Glasses


Sharing some Fiery Spiked Bananas at these Fabulous Parties:
The Lady Behind the Curtain, Daisy Cottage Designs, All She Cooks, The Shady Porch, My Girlish Whims, Fluster Buster, The Shabby Creek Cottage, 52 Mantels, What's Cooking Love?, A Handful of Everything, Chocolate, Chocolate and More, Lamberts Lately, Live,Laugh,Rowe, The Mandatory Mooch, Real Coake.com, Posed Perfection, The Crafty Blogstalker, Consider Me Inspired, Kitchen Fun with my 3 Sons, Sparkles and a Stove, MommiFried, Somewhat Simple, My Turn (for Us), Home Maid Simple, Rattlebridge Farm, Blissful and Domestic, Do Small Things with Love, French Country Cottage, Artsy Fartsy Mama, Living Less Spending Less, The Brambleberry Cottage, 504 Main, The Pin Junkie, Jennifer Rizzo, My Romantic Home, This and That, The Best Blog Recipes, Love and Laundry, Chic on a Shoestring, The Shabby Nest, The Answer is Chocolate, Tidy Mom, One Tough Mother, A Simple Five, Craftionary, Liz Marie, Simply Designing, Becoming Martha, Simply Sweet Home, Living Better Together, The Jenny Evolution, My Personal Accent, 4 Little Fergusons, Tatertots and Jello, Cooking with Curls, Happy and Blessed Home, Five Days 5 Ways, Just Us Four, Whipperberry, The Wondering Brain, Lovely Crafty Home, Dear Creatives, Dessert Now, Dinner Later, Angel Homestead, Classy Clutter, Too Much Time, Cheerios and Lattes, Serenity You, Flamingo Toes, Life on Lakeshore Drive, The Foley Fam, Spatulas on Parade, VMG206, Nifty Thrifty Things, Rain on a Tin Roof, Huckleberry Love, Still Being Molly, Cupcake-n-Bake, The Princess and her Cowboys, The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen, A Southern Fairy Tale, Mad in Crafts, Making the World Cutter, The Chicken Chick, Say Not Sweet Anne, Ms.enPlace, BoggieBoard Cottage, I Gotta Try That, Who Need a Cape, The Blackberry Vine, Ladybug Blessings, Our Home Away from Home, Pint Sized Baker, Kathe with an E, Mandy's Recipe Box, Chef in Training, Love Grows Wild, Home Stories A to Z, Nap-Time Creations, Sugar Bee Crafts, Adventures of a DIY Mom, Feeding Big, Homemade Ginger, Memories by the Mile, Not Just a Housewife, A Peek Into my Paradise, Six Sister's Stuff





Other Banana Milkshakes you might like:


19 comments:

  1. I'd be lying if I didn't say this looks GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a sucker for a great milkshake recipe. This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. G'day! Used to love bananas foster as a dessert, true!
    I never knew it could make into a milkshake!!! YUM too!
    Cheers! Joanne
    http://www.facebook.com/whatsonthelist

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, boy! This sure looks tasty, Lizbeth! You make the best milkshakes! I'd love for you to link this and any others up to our All Things Thursday Blog Hop going on right now. I hope to see you there!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm getting thirsty just reading your Post! =D
    Sounds delicious!! I love anything that has Bananas in it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, vanilla butter sounds great. I am not familiar with it, but I plan on checking it out. Thanks as always for being a loyal linking bloggy friend with Inspiration in Progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! This sounds delicious!! Thanks for sharing the recipe and linking up to Thrifty Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your pictures!!!! Visiting from Foodie Friday.
    ~Stacy @ Stacy Makes Cents

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so good~ You come up with the best milkshakes, smoothies, and everything in between:) Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously, you're making me hungry tonight with all of these amazing recipes :) So glad you linked up to The Weekend re-Treat on The Best Blog Recipes!

    Wanted to stop by and pin while I was here tonight :)

    Shauna
    http://thebestblogrecipes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable presentation! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays #24!

    ~Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later!
    http://www.dessertnowdinnerlater.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bananas Foster is about the only way I'll eat a banana! I've never seen it in milkshake form though--very creative (as always!).
    Thank you for sharing with See Ya in the Gumbo this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations…this post was featured on Create It Thursday #14! Thanks so much for sharing such a fabulous idea last week!

    Leslie @ Lamberts Lately

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness... This looks fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe at "The Saturday Spotlight party"!
    Have a great weekend and hope to see you at this weeks party!

    April

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You April! I will be at the party for sure!

      Delete
  15. Thank you so much for sharing this delicious recipe at the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party! I will be featuring this in the Top 10 Features post that goes live Monday morning. So glad you linked up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww!!!Thank You Cynthia! That is so awesome! would be right over! Thank You girl!

      Delete
  16. Love banana foster so I would be happy with this drink? Pinning it.
    Thank you for sharing.

    Ellya
    @CuriositaEllya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for the pin Ellya and for your visit too!

      Delete