8/19/13

Summer Berry Oatmeal Shake Recipe

Summer Berry Oatmeal Shake, a Delicious and Nutritious  On The Go breakfast shake for those mornings when we need to pack the kids and go!
Hola Amigos! Mornings are about to get quite hectic here and one way of making things easy in the morning is with a complete breakfast on the go if necessary or just to break the routine of the same kind of breakfast everyday.
Both my kids are picky eaters so I really have to try to pack the most amount of nutrients, good flavors in 1 bite (or drink) literally. It gets worse when the above description has to be the first in thing in the morning when let's face it, after months eating a bit late, no one is really hungry at 7 am.
This is my go to recipe, make it your own by changing the flavors of the fruit or oatmeal.
Summer Berry Oatmeal Shake getting to school on time could be tricky some mornings, send them of with this no cook, no sitting down, On The Go delicious and nutritious Oatmeal Shake!

The carnation breakfast drinks were recommended by my oldest's Pediatrician when he entered Jr, High and he still likes them. When we don't have any handy (rarely) he substitutes it with Protein Powder.

Now that my little one is ready to enter K, I'm sure he would enjoy the different flavor drinks mama can make him for his mornings, strawberries are his favorite!!!

Are you ready for this new school year yet? Are your kids already in school? This week I will try to make some of the meals my kids like before they go to school, when they come back and what I like to cook for supper when car pooling, car taxing and homework make time disappear in a blink of an eye! Always keeping in mind that food tastes better with a Pinch of Love!

Besitos,
Lizy

Summer Berry Oatmeal Shake
Ingredients
1  Cup of Milk
1 Envelope of Carnation Breakfast French Vanilla
1 Container (2.46 oz) Instant Oatmeal, Processed* (or whatever instant oatmeal you have)
1 Cup Mix Berries (My garden gave me fresh blackberries, raspberries and a few strawberries)
1 tsps Sugar (optional)
*I put my oatmeal through a food processor or blender and pulse a couple of times for a smoother texture for my shake, this particular step is optional, my kids prefer it this way. 
Directions:
Add all ingredients and blend until smooth. 

Prep Time 5 minutes               Serves 2 (8 oz Cups)


Sharing some morning fruity goodness at these Fabulous Parties:
Rain on a Tin Roof, Huckleberry Love, Jembellish, A Southern Fairytale, Mad in Crafts, Between Naps on the Porch, Coastal Charm, Cupcake-n-Bake, Who Needs a Cape, BoogieBoard Cottage, The Blackberry Vine, Say Not Sweet Anne, My Mixing Spoon, Feeding Big, Setting for Four, Home Stories A to Z, Handmade Cuddles, Ladybugs Blessigns, Mandy's Recipe Box, Nap-Time Creations, Kathe with an E, Pint Sized Baker, Adventures of a DIY Mom, Summer Scraps, The Princess and her Cowboys, Sugar Bee Crafts, Our Table for Seven, Memories by the Mile, Not Just a Housewife, Bebetsy, Clean and Scentsible, Mom's Test Kitchen, The Lady Behind the Curtain, The Everyday Home, Smart School House, Kitchen Meets Girl, Duck's in a Row, The Shaddy Porch, Crystal and Co., Made to be a Momma, Sew Much Ado, Thank You Honey, My Girlish Whims, This Silly Girl's Life, Someday Crafts, Polkadots on Parade, The Real Housewives of Riverton, We Like to Learn as We Go, 733 Blog, Real Coake, 52 Mantels, The 36th Avenue, The Brambleberry Cottage, What's Cooking, Love?, A Handful of Everything, Katherine's Corner, CrazyLou, House of Hepwoths, The Mandatory Mooch, I Gotta Create, Lamberts Lately, Chocolate, Chocolate and More, The Crafty Blog Stalker, The Best Blog Recipes, Jennifer Rizzo, Do Small Things with Love, Kitchen Fun with my 3 Sons, The Answer is Chocolate, My Turn (for Us), The Pin Junkie, Simply Designing, 504 Main, Craftionary, Tidy Mom, The Shabby Nest, A Simple Five, A Peek Into My Paradise, Living Better Together, One Tough Mother, Happy and Blessed Home, Five Days Five Ways, Shaken Together, Not Your Ordinary Recipes, Four Little Fergusons, Just Us Four, Made From Pinterest, The Wondering Brain, Cheerios and Lattes, Classy Clutter, A Little Claireification, Too Much Time on my Hands, Angels Homestead, What's Cooking with Ruthie, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Serenity You, Under the Table and Dreaming, Frugal Foodie Mama, Claire Justine oxox, Craft-O-Maniac, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Flour Me With Love, Jam Hands,Sew Can Do, Keeping it Simple, Ms. enPlace, The Tumbleweed Contessa, Joyful Healthy Eats, Cozy Little House, Pint Sized Baker, The Gunny Sack, Hun...What's for Dinner?, Chef in Trainning, Dessert Now, Dinner Later, A Pretty Life in the Suburbs, On Nom Ally




Other Healthy drinks you might like:

24 comments:

  1. Yum! Perfect for breakfast! My older one starts school this Wednesday, and I'm so not ready....But he's excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good especially for those busy mornings! I don't have busy mornings yet, but I know one day I will. Thanks for the recipe! Pinning :)

    *Visiting from Sweet Sharing Monday at Say Not Sweet Anne*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And now you are prepared Katrina, lol! Enjoy peaceful mornings for as long as you can! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. This looks great. I'm a fiber freak, and with the oatmeal and berries, this has fiber for sure. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it does! And keeps my sugar craving under control too! Thank you Dawn!

      Delete
  4. I love the little schoolhouse in the background! This is a nice go-to breakfast for the kids (and for mom!). :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you were going to like the Fisher Price School...lol i'm going to miss the constant bell ringing soon..sniff, sniff...don't know what I'm going to do with all the quietness! Thanks for Stopping by Rosey :) Hugs

      Delete
  5. I've seen this before and maybe this is a stupid question, but what's the benefit of adding the oatmeal? Fiber?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Andrea. There are plenty of benefits from ingesting Fiber as you well know, but in the morning and while you are at work or at school it will keep you satisfied until lunch or recess comes around unlike sugary cereals or a doughnut who will make you happy for 30 minutes and then you're starving again, lol! Thank you for your visit and I hope this answers helps you understand the "method to the madness" :)

      Delete
  6. As a teacher myself, I need a breakfast that will stick with me but isn't too heavy. I love your smoothie ideas!

    Val from myplvl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeayyy!!! great to hear the seal of approval of a teacher! Thank you so much Valerie!

      Delete
  7. I blend my oats first as well. I love the flavor and texture it gives a smoothie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow..so cool Kim! I think we are on the right track here, the texture as you mentioned is so much better!

      Delete
  8. I love me some shakes and I do not think this one will be any exception!
    Thanks for sharing.
    I found you via the link up.
    www.captivatingcorner.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Aimee! This one is pretty and healthy!

      Delete
  9. You had me sold with the drink being in a Mason Jar. Then you add the berries and my mouth is drooling at 1 in the morning. NOM NOM NOM. Again thanks for linking up with us at the TGIF link up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aleshea...can you believe is my first Mason Jar? I've never had one before, lol! I love berries! Thank You so much for visiting!

      Delete
  10. These look fabulous! Fresh berries are the perfect snack for summer :) Krista @ A Handful of Everything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm going to miss going to my garden and picking them myself once summer is gone! Thanks Krista!

      Delete
  11. Breakfast is very important. We start every day with oatmeal.
    Thank you so much for sharing at Tuesdays with a Twist. Come on over and share what you've been working on.

    http://back2basichealth.blogspot.com/2013/08/tuesdays-with-twist-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never thought of adding ground oatmeal to smoothies. Looks super yummy! Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I should do this for my kids b/c the carnation drink mix is good for extra calories for them! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays #27!

    ~Amber @ DessertNowDinnerLater.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks really yummy - and filling! Perfect for breakfasts on the go :) I don't think I've seen the Carnation product, what's in it? It sounds really interesting!
    Thanks for linking this to Smoothie OTW, I've loved every one of your posts this week!

    ReplyDelete