7/11/13

Homemade Slow Melt Orange Cream Popsicle Recipe

Homemade Slow Melt Orange Cream Popsicles, Orange Creamsicle Recipe
Hola Amigos! Among the things I love about summer are pool days, grilling, cold pretty drinks, and the face of my little one when he hears the ice cream truck come by...among the things I don't like too much are mosquitoes, mowing the lawn and the multiple sticky droplets of  melted popsicle left on my wooden floor when my little one doesn't eat it fast enough, lol...
Solution:  for the days the ice cream doesn't make it to our neighborhood a homemade slow melt treat will do the trick. This was our first try and It worked. On days like today when the humidity is 90% up and it's hot and sticky, they kept it together longer than the regular ones, I have a sticky face kid but a clean floor! We are both happy! here is our trick!
Slow Melt Orange Cream Popsicles
1 Cup Orange Juice
1 1/2 tsps Mango gelatin (or any flavor you like) 
1 (6oz) Orange Creamsicle Yogurt 
1/4 Sweet Cream Coffee Creamer
1  tsps Vanilla Butter
In a small saucepan add the orange juice and gelatin. Heat up and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Add remaining ingredients, stir to get a uniform mix.
Pour this mix into you popsicle molds. Let the cool for a little while before placing them in your freezer for a couple of hours.
This recipe will give you 1 1/2 cups of  liquid. I got 6 popsicles  out of it!
Run a little hot water through your popsicles in order to loosen them up and make it easier to pull out!
Listo,
Homemade Slow Melt Orange Cream Popsicle, Orange Creamsicles Recipe

We love them! They are refreshing and crisp with the touch of mango gelatin!

It was our first attempt and I think there are possibilities to this dessert as days left for summer so we are looking forward to more creations.

Thank you for visiting the blog today! Remember everything tastes better when you have a happy dirty face kid, a happy mom...and yes...you add a Pinch of Love!


Besitos,
Lizy

 Chilling at these Fabulous Parties:
Easy Living Mom, The Best Blog Recipes,Somewhat Simple, One Tough Mother, Craftionary, Home Maid Simple, The Shabby Nest, My Turn (for Us), Simply Designing, The Answer is Chocolate, Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons, Golden Reflections, Designing Dining + Diapers, Chic on a Shoestring, A Beauty Moment, Rattlebridge Farm, Jennifer Rizzo, Just Us Four, Living Better Together,The Pin Junkie
Dear Creatives, Natasha in Oz, Debbiedoo's, Snippets of Inspiration, Cheerios and Lattes, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Spatulas on Parade, Dessert Now, Dinner Later, The Tablescaper, Cooking for the Seven Dwarfs, twelve o eight, Serenity You, Pursuit of Functional Home, Frugal Foodie Mama, Under the Table and Dreaming, The Chicken Chick, Navy Wifey Peters, Sweet 2 Eat Baking, Sarah Howe, The Tumbleweed Contessa, The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen, I Gotta Try That, Cupckae-n-Bake, Cozy Little House, Love Grows Wild, Feeding Big, Hun..what's for dinner, A Pinch of Joy, Pint Sized Baker, Sugar Bee Crafts, With a Blast, Thank You Honey, Ducks 'n a Row, Fluster Buster, White Lights on Wednesday, The Shady Porch, Mom's Test Kitchen, Memories by the Mile, Real Coake, The Mandatory Mooch, Shaffer Sisters, What's Cooking Love?, Living Well, Spend Less, Artsy Fartsy Mama, Sparkles and a Stove, Kreative Creations, The Crafty Blog Stalker, Saving 4 Six, 52 Mantels, Shaken Together, Happy and Blessed Home, 504 Main, The Thriftiness Miss, A Peek into my Paradise, Tidy Mom,
Blissful and Domestic, Huckleberry Love, Kathe with an E, Nap Time Creations, Mandy's Recipe Box, The Lady Behing the Curtain, Life with the Crust Cut Off, I Should be Mopping the Floors

29 comments:

  1. YUMMY girlie! The boys would love love it! On my list to do! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing!!! We would love it if you would link up at our We Scream For Ice Cream linky party/giveaway:
    http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/we-scream-for-ice-cream-linky-party-week-2/
    Live the whole month of July.
    Hosted by:
    http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/ Parrish @ Life with the Crust Cut Off
    http://thissillygirlslife.com/ Dana @ This Silly Girl's Life
    We hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at "slow melt" lol!! My 5 year old is the king of drippy popsicles, I can't wait to try this!
    Krista@ Far From Normal

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you've gotta drive on a hot day, you might as well do it w/a slow melt popsicle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids would love these! Thanks for Sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so good! Orange juice and yogurt sounds delicious together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Ann they are, and no sticky floors or shirts...well not too sure about the shirts, lol..but we have clean floors! Than You for stopping :)

      Delete
  8. I love that citrus flavor! Thanks for stopping by and for your lovely comment...

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look perfect for those hot summer days!!
    New follower via "My Favorite Posts Show Off".
    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are really perfect for our hot and humid weather!
    Looking at them makes me want to grab one and eat :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I recently bought popsicle mould but my first attempt was a fail :) I couldn't pop them out :) Now I'm getting there :) Yours looks so delicious, I'm gonna try your recipe for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have always loved orange cream pops. YUM. I will be trying these. Thanks so much for linking up at Swap N Share Sunday. I bet these will be another reader favorite.
    Dawn
    Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
  13. Slower melt - I've got to try it! Visiting from Sweet and Savory Sundays =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now I'm going to have to go out and buy popsicle molds. And when my husband asks why I need them I'm totally going to blame you. Of course when he tastes these he'll be thanking you...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting recipe. I'll have to give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds great! Thanks for linking up to Good Tastes Tuesday! Blessings, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum! I like the gelatin idea. Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays #21!

    ~Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later!
    http://www.dessertnowdinnerlater.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww I'll bet your little fella loves these! What a perfect summer treat, Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My mom use to make Jello popsicles when we were little and I bet these are very similar. Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing your Popsicles at the Rock N Share! They're perfect for this heat wave we're having! I shared your post on my FB page today too. http://goo.gl/G60BT Have a great day, D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lizbeth,
    YUM! I LOVE popsicles. These look and sound so, so good! I pinned them and shared them on facebook. Thank you for sharing on Tuesday Trivia.
    Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

    ReplyDelete
  22. With 5 kiddos - slow melt sounds perfect lol! Thanks so much for sharing at this week's All My Bloggy Friends, Lizy :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ohh my.. Simply irresistible. These look delicious. Thanks for joining the party at Craftionary. So happy to have you. :) Can't wait to see what more delicious recipes you share. I love the confetti drink you made too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I want one! These are so perfect for a hot summer day! Thanks for sharing at Submarine Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. AHH! Must try these soon! I've been craving cold, icy treats! It's been over 90 degrees all week in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  26. First of all, your popsicles moulds are so cute! Love it! I like the twist you have added by adding in the mango gelatine. That's interesting :) I just did something similar but I added buttermilk to my Orange Popsicles instead. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete