7/25/13

Recycled DIY Tide Pods Fish Lamp

DIY Tide Pods Fish Lamp, don't throw your container away just yet, transform it into a whimsical lamp for just a few bucks and your imagination. Great Kids Project with a bit of mom's help!
Hola Amigos! A container of Tide Pods has been staring at me for a while now. I just hate throwing away something that it could be repurposed into a useful object...well at least in my head that is, lol. It finally hit me one night after reading again, one of my little one's favorite book The Rainbow Fish! At that moment I was a mad woman trying to put things together before the inspiration left me again..one problem...very few if not any pictures of the process of creating my master piece...but it's so simple you will be able to figure it out at first glance!
DIY Tide Pods Fish Lamp. a clever way to re-purpose that old container and make something whimsical and useful. Great for kids's rooms and a project they can help create with a little of mom's help.

What I used: 1 Tide Pod container, 1 Martha Stewart Circle Punch Cutter, Assorted Craft Paper, 1 medium size Cardboard,  Hot glue Gun sticks (lots of them) , 1 Empty Plastic Water bottle cut in half, felt, 2 glass beads 1 lamp kit from the hardware store 1 Lamp Shade.
How I did it: I cut a couple hundred circles with the circle cutter and glue them to the tide container to create the scales and  body of the fish. For the Tail Fins I drew 2 semi hearts out of  cardboard and then glue more paper circles to it until they were covered. I glued them to a side of the container. To make the fish mouth I used the top part of the water bottle and attached it to the other side of the container opposite to the tail fins. left the lid on because I thought it looked cute. My hubs drilled a hole on the top of the tide container (lid) and  adapted the lamp kit to it after that he opened another on the bottom to let the cable out. Cut 2 pieces of felt of a contrasting color and make 2 circles to represent the eyes 1 for each side of the container. Use to glass beads to create the "watery effect' of the eye.  Your lamp should be working now!


 I am happy with the results ..and before I forget the lamp shade was on sale at Target for 60% off , I love it has a wavy pattern, just like the ocean. Basically the total cost of this  lamp was about $12 dollars! not bad huh?
DIY Tide Pods Fish Lamp, for only a few dollars create this whimsical lamp with that empty container! Great kid's project with a little of mom's help.

I think my rainbow fish have some personality don't you think? I mean...for a fish that is!

As nighttime begins to fall, we need to move "Rainbow" to it's permanent location
Recycled DIY Tide Pods Container Lamp, great kids room decor with something you have in your laundry room! Great craft project for kids with a little help from mom

   My Little Boy's Room, which by the way is all Ocean and Beach Motif
He is happy and mama is happy to ( I finally got something good out of that container now I finally can move on to those milk jugs waiting to be transformed, lol) 
Thank you for your kind visit. Look around for things you do everyday for inspiration in creating beauty and whimsy around you, we all need to smile more often and worry less!
Recycled DIY Tide Pods Fish Lamp. A crafty way to recycle that old container sitting in your laundry room! Great kids project with a little help from Mom

Good Night Rainbow Fish!
Besitos,
Lizy

Sharing Good Night "Fishy" Wishes at these Fabulous Parties:
The Best Blog Recipes, Craftionary, Naptime Crafters, Kitchen Fun with my 3 Sons, The Answer is Chocolate, Living Better Together, The Jenny Evolution, Becoming Martha, Happy Hour Projects,
Tooted in Thyme, One Tough Mother, Tidy Mom, 504 Main, The Pin Junkie, My Turn (for Us), Love and Laundry, Happy and Blessed Home, The Wondering Brain, Lovely Crafty Blog, A Little Claireification, Homemade Ginger, 4 Little Fergusons, 30 Handmade Days, Five Days 5 Ways, Sew;Licious Home Decor, Angels Homestead, Be Different Act Normal, Too Much Time on my Hands, Cheerios and Lattes, It's Overflowing, Serenity You, Mama Gab, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Bowdabra, Cooking for the Seven Dwarfs, Titi Crafty, WCFS, Crate with Joy, Frugal Foodie Mama, Claire Justine oxox, Uncommon Designs, Alderberry Hill, BoogieBoard Cottage, Flour Me with Love, Keeping it Simple, Sew Can Do, Cupcake-n-Bake, Jembellish, Jam Hands, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, The Chicken Chick, Craft-o-Maniac, Huckleberry Love, Under the Table and Dreaming, The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen, The Princess and her Cowboys, I Gotta Try That, Between Naps on the Porch, Who Needs a Cape, Love Grows Wild, Todays Creative Blog, Nap-Time Creations, Home Stories A to Z, Adventures of a DIY Mom, Sugar Bee Crafts, Our Home Away from Home, The Blackberry Vine, Feeding Big, Chef in Training, Love Bakes Good Cakes, Homemade Ginger, Smart School House, Made to be a Momma, Ducks'n a Row, Daisy Cottage Designs, The Lady Behind the Curtain, My Girlish Whims, Handy Man, Crafty Woman, Fluster Buster, The Shabby Creek Cottage, 52 Mantels,What's Cooking Love?, A Handful of Everything, Chocolate, Chocolate and More, Lamberts Lately, Live,Laugh,Rowe, Designed Decor, The Mandatory Mooch, Real Coake.com, Posed Perfection, The Crafty Blogstalker, Consider Me Inspired, Sparkles and a Stove, MommiFried, Somewhat Simple, French Country Cottage, Artsy Fartsy Mama, Living Well Spending Less, The Brambleberry Cottage, the Shabby Nest, A Simple Five, My Personal Accent, Krafty Card Set, Tatertots and Jello, Lydia's Flexitarian Kitchen, Dear Creatives, Classy Clutter, Debbiedoo's, The Taylor House, Suburbs Mama, The Foley Fam, Twigg Studios, Mama Dish, Powerful Mothering, Dragonfly Designs, House of Hepworths, My Joy Filled Life, Food Done Light, Fun-A-Day, DIY Vintage Chic




Other DYI Lamps You Might Like:
















24 comments:

  1. That is so cute, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! My son loves that Rainbow Fish bath book and this would be just too cute! Thanks for linking up at TGIF link party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love your party Kat! and we have the bath book too...I'm telling you it's a favorite around here!

      Delete
  3. This is such an awesome lamp! I love lamp makeovers! And Rainbow fish is awesome! Wonderful job!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is just so cute. I saw this post on a blog hope and had to come read about it.

    Handmade at Warratahstree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tracy! and thanks for your visit!

      Delete
  5. So super cute! I love it! I was just thinking about that book the other day, oddly enough (since I don't have kids).

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I had one-one-millionth of your creativity... :)

    This is cute, like everything you make. I bet your little one loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! I remember reading that book when I was little. I love the idea from this fish that it can be bright and colorful like yours or you can go a completely different route (cool blues, monochromatic, whatever you can imagine!). Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful! I have a special clip board on Hometalk that is specifically for recycling plastic containers in pretty ways. would you mind if I clipped it to that ----if I can figure out how? It would link directly to your blog. It's just like a pinterest board but on Hometalk. Quiet a few people follow the board. I saw this on Thursday's Treasures! If it's okay, please let me know at davidson.kelli@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The gang at My Personal Accent thinks your post about the Recycled DIY Tide Pods Fish Lamp is WONDERFUL. We would like to invite you to party with us starting at 5:00 Thursday nights at our new Blog Strut Peacock Style Link Party to share your creative ideas. Come on over!! http://wp.me/P2Vf55-1K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow...thank You...would love to be part of the party! Thank you for the invitation and for the support!

      Delete
  10. Thanks so much for sharing at Krafty Inspiration Thursday!
    Have a lovely weekend!
    Maria @ Krafty Cards etc.
    http://kraftycardsetc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute idea!! I'd love for you to link up to The DIY'ers! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-diyers-and-my-new-rug.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute!! Thanks for sharing at Share it Saturday!

    ReplyDelete